Guatieri Family History

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

I now know that Agostino Guatieri and Marie(or Maria) Acciaroli set marriage bans for Michel Guatieri and Alexandria Porelli in St Ouen Paris district on 5th May 1889. This was Michels first marriage and the couple travelled to London together after they were married. I believe this Marie to be Michels mother.Wondering if any one has any knowledge of historyof this surname Acciaroli?
L-P Australia
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

More news. I now know Michel Guatieri was born 5th June 1868 in Pozzilli. There are currently no Guatieri's living in this town. How do I go about finding out more information? If he was born there then possibly his father was also born there. Any info would be great help...
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

hi, some year ago I helped a UK friend in the root's search in Pozzilli... the common is not much collaborative, but the priest yes... however by Mormon's microfilms you can search the birth act of your ancestor:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

Topic Italy, Campobasso, Pozzilli - Civil registration

Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1810-1899 Pozzilli (Campobasso). Ufficio dello stato civile

hoping helpful, best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master
Posts: 691
Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by jamiecapaldi »

sidtindall wrote:It appears that the father of Raffaelle Guatieri listed on his marriage certificate in 1884 to Maria Franciosi is Antoni therefore we may have two families of Guatieri's if Augustine is the father of Concetta. It does not say where they were from though, just Italy.
Hello, how did you get on with finding your information?

I also can not find any Guatieri's in Pozzilli, but found these names in Scapoli:

Caccia Campopiano Coia Di Fiore Di Meo
Di Paolo Di Tomaso Ferri Fiore Francescani
Grieco Guatieri Iannetta Izzi Leone
Massaro Miniscalco Onorato Palmisciano Paone
Penta Petisci Pinto Pitassi Pitisci
Porcelli Ricci Rufo Savelli Tartaglia
Tartaglione

Going back to Concetta Guatieri and Angelantonio Fionda, Giovanni Baptista was Angelantonio's Father and Agostino, Concetta's. The witnesses were a Risi and Fionda. They married at the St Marys on the quay Catholic Church. They all shared the house on Montague Street with my Family of Capaldi's.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by PeterTimber »

Is yhour last name Capaldi listed in the CDizionario Storico Blasonico? I came across a CREPALDI coat of arms in www.stemmario.it. FYI =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master
Posts: 691
Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I believe Michele Guatieri and Ellen Martha Tyler had their first Child Albert Alexander in Weymouth 1898 and then James Henry 1899.
They then moved to Bristol and married in 1912.

There were 2 Agostino Guatieri's, the one who was born in 1835, died in London 1912. Michele's Father Agostino died in Bristol 1914.
There was a Maria Assunta born in London 1896, but i do not know who her parents were. She Married in London. Also a Rosalina born in London, but i have not found anything on her at all.
James Henry Guatieri was born in Weymouth and Baptised in St Marys on the quay Roman Catholic Church in Bristol 3 months later.
Michele Guatieri had a Daughter called Maria born 1909, she married Antonio Ambrosino. Antonio's Brother Luigi, married my Grandfathers Cousin Carolina Capaldi.
The Ambrosino, Guatieri, Fionda, Capaldi, Valente's e.t.c. were all Friends and part of my Family.

Sidtindall, did you manage to find out any more?

Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
User avatar
mikejg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:52
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by mikejg »

Hi,

I am Mike Guatieri, son of Luigi Guatieri from his 2nd marriage. I am trying to do a family tree of the descendants of Augustine Guatieri and would be interested in any info on the Guatieri or Fionda Lines
Post Reply