Hi
I also have a post on genealogy but with only one reply so I thought I would give it ago on here.
What I would like to know is do I email the City Hall in Scarmagno for my Greatgrandfathers records.
If not could someone please tell me where.
Thank you
Lynne
Need help with Scarmagno
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Need help with Scarmagno
If your great-grandfathers were born in Scarmagno you may after 1866 you may write to the City Hall, if they were born earlier you must writ to the parish. In both cases you have to write in Italian,
- Maurizio
- Veteran

- Posts: 160
- Joined: 29 Aug 2002, 00:00
- Location: Canavese, Piemonte, Italia
- Contact:
Re: Need help with Scarmagno
Hy, Tenby,
Here is the email of the Cital Registry office of Scarmagno's City Hall:
anagrafe@comune.scarmagno.to.it
I suppose if you write in plain English, clearly posing your question, they should be able to understand and answer you, at least in Italian (in that case, here or elsewhere, you shouldn't have problems in finding a translation).
They also have a website - http://www.comune.scarmagno.to.it -, unfortunately written in Italian only. If you have not too specific questions on the area, I can try and answer you.
Hope this helps.
Ciao, Maurizio
Here is the email of the Cital Registry office of Scarmagno's City Hall:
anagrafe@comune.scarmagno.to.it
I suppose if you write in plain English, clearly posing your question, they should be able to understand and answer you, at least in Italian (in that case, here or elsewhere, you shouldn't have problems in finding a translation).
They also have a website - http://www.comune.scarmagno.to.it -, unfortunately written in Italian only. If you have not too specific questions on the area, I can try and answer you.
Hope this helps.
Ciao, Maurizio
