My grandfather Giovanni Belott (Belotti) came to NY around 1888. I've been able to track his ship through a passenger list and family census records from 1900 on (census records list him as George Belott in the Schenectedy/Clifton Park area of NY).
I'd like to find if any family still remain in Italy. None of the living relatives remember, know of, or talked about his family whom he left back home. His family was reportedly candy makers from Campobasso, in what is now the Molise region. Giovanni Belott (Belotti) married Catherine or Ann DiNaldo, but it is unclear if the marriage was in the US or Italy (but most likely Italy).
My searches have found no Belotti or Belott families in or around Campobasso, but my Italian is admittedly weak and it is hard for me to wade through all of the information that is in Italian.
Anyone have knowledge of brothers of sisters of a Giovanni Belott (Belotti) who came to the US around 1888 and moved to upstate NY shortly thereafter? Any knowledge of family in Campobasso or the best way to track possible family connectitons in Italy?
Thanks.
S Belott
Belotti Family from Campobasso Province
Re: Belotti Family from Campobasso Province
I located three people in Campobasso with the spelling of BELLOTTI....
Are you sure of the spelling??
wldspirit
Are you sure of the spelling??
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Belotti Family from Campobasso Province
Please check you private messages.
Re: Belotti Family from Campobasso Province
Thanks for your follow up. I am not sure of the spelling. It could be Bellotti. Is there a way to follow up on your information?wldspirit wrote:I located three people in Campobasso with the spelling of BELLOTTI....
Are you sure of the spelling??
wldspirit
Many thanks.


