Saraceno family
Saraceno family
I have been told that my great-great grandparents came from the town of Saraceno but I have been unable to find any information that it ever exsisted. Has anyone ever come across this town? I believe it was on Siciliy.
Re: Saraceno family
Hello!
This site may help:
Italian frazioni & smaller localities
Do you need any help locating your family's US records (census, military)
Sometimes Military Registration Cards have the birth location on them.
Have you found a ship manifest?
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
If they arrived in the US after abt 1900 (& many before 1900), their last residence should be on the ship's record.
Valarie
This site may help:
Italian frazioni & smaller localities
Do you need any help locating your family's US records (census, military)
Sometimes Military Registration Cards have the birth location on them.
Have you found a ship manifest?
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
If they arrived in the US after abt 1900 (& many before 1900), their last residence should be on the ship's record.
Valarie
Re: Saraceno family
Could it be:
Region Province Town
Calabria COSENZA SARACENA
wldspirit
Region Province Town
Calabria COSENZA SARACENA
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Saraceno family
Thank you for the replys. I have most of their US records but can't figure out how to get the Italian ones.
Here is the big problem: At one time or another the name was spelled at least 6 different ways.
I was hoping by finding the town I could work from there. The one in Calabria might be it because all the US records list is Reggio Calabria for a home town.
Would you know if this town still exsists and who to contact for information?
Here is the big problem: At one time or another the name was spelled at least 6 different ways.
I was hoping by finding the town I could work from there. The one in Calabria might be it because all the US records list is Reggio Calabria for a home town.
Would you know if this town still exsists and who to contact for information?
Re: Saraceno family
Here is the information for the town:
Comune di SARACENA
Provincia di COSENZA
Indirizzo : VIA CARLO PISACANE 4 (Address)
C.A.P. : 87010 (Zip code)
Telefono : 0981 - 34035/160
Fax : 0981 - 34555
E-mail : sindaco@comune.saracena.cs.it
Sito Web : www.comune.saracena.cs.it
Data Ultimo Aggiornamento :
STATO CIVILE Filomena Marilena Frega (similar to a county clerk)
For an easy to use form letter for your your request:
Stato Civile
wldspirit
Comune di SARACENA
Provincia di COSENZA
Indirizzo : VIA CARLO PISACANE 4 (Address)
C.A.P. : 87010 (Zip code)
Telefono : 0981 - 34035/160
Fax : 0981 - 34555
E-mail : sindaco@comune.saracena.cs.it
Sito Web : www.comune.saracena.cs.it
Data Ultimo Aggiornamento :
STATO CIVILE Filomena Marilena Frega (similar to a county clerk)
For an easy to use form letter for your your request:
Stato Civile
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."


