I seek to trace my Italian lineage. My father is half Italian. I am informed our family traces its roots to Florence and the surrounding region.
I have very little information that I can verify. What I know is as follows:
My paternal grandfather's name was Bernard Joseph Rosa, Sr. He was born on 25 March 1918 (in Michigan, probably in Detroit) and died in April 1987 in Springfield, Missouri.
It appears his parents immigrated from Poland, where my family lived after leaving Italy. My paternal great-grandfather's name was Peter Rosa. He immigrated to the United States in 1891 from Poland and resided in Detroit, Michigan according to the records of the 1920 Census of the US. His wife's name was Julia Rosa, who immigrated with Peter in 1891.
If anyone can assist me tracing my family history back from these points of reference, I would be most grateful.
PETER ROSA-Need help tracing Italian ancestor.
- angelolrosa
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 02:15
Re: HELP NEEDED-Surname ROSA from Tuscany
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
