You have been so helpful in the past, could you help again

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
lanico
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 01:30

Re: You have been so helpful in the past, could you help aga

Post by lanico »

I tried to send pm to Enzonico - thought I'd post info here, too-
I found this set of messages while trying to figure out who Raffaele's parents were and, after coming across Oreste, if he was related to Raffaele (at the time, I was also trying to determine where he was born).

I am researching my husband's family - Nico...we go through the line of Raffaele Nico (listed on Oreste's draft card as family member). Oreste and Dionina appear to be siblings of Raffaele (-just received their marriage certs that I ordered to find out if they were related & all parents listed as: Vincenzo Nico and Teresa Tropea). It seems Vincenzo came over with Dionina (who married Alfonso Sinopoli 1910- parents look like Gaetano and Cormina Clausi) Oreste's marriage cert shows Litizia Damiono's parents as (looks like) Vincenzo and Giovanni Nica. Her birthplace looks like Calenza his looks like Cosenza. Q to original posters-Just wondering if you guys ever found anything else out especially about Oreste's first marriage to Angelina (just for family genealogy)? Do you know anything about Dionina and whatever happened to their father Vincenzo?

Raffaele married Amalia (later Amelia) Bartolomeo in 1904 and only had one son - Adelgonti. They stayed in Brooklyn. Let me know if you would like more info from his side (still waiting for his birth cert from Italy-hope it really is in Cervicati). He married in 1904, naturalized in 1928, Adelgonti was born in 1906- Raffaele's birth certificate will pretty much finish my document search. And, of course, if you would like a copy of Oreste's marriage cert - just ask.

This site is so useful, even for those of us who mostly just lurk! Thank you,
Post Reply