Ciao Tutti!!
I am trying to locate my great grandmother's family. Her name was Dorotea Picone. She was married to Dr. Simone deBlasio.
I believe that Dorotea's family was originally from the Benevento, Campania area of Italy, or possibly Naples. Her daughter, Amelia deBlasio, was my maternal grandmother.
Thank you.
Picone family from the Benevento, Campania or Naples area?
Re: Picone family from the Benevento, Campania or Naples are
I noticed there were no responses to your previous post.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 13765.html
I am posting Amelia's manifest for reference.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
Do you have all your US records?
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 13765.html
I am posting Amelia's manifest for reference.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
Do you have all your US records?
Re: Picone family from the Benevento, Campania or Naples are
Hello misbris;
Thank you so much for your post! That was very nice of you to post my grandmother's immigration manifest from the S.S. Montevideo. I actually discovered that document last year, and I was so happy to find it!
Yes; I do have a few of my grandmother's US records that I was able to obtain from ancestry.com, ellisisland.org, and a couple of other sites. I am gradually putting together my family tree; it is a slow process but very rewarding when I do find information that I am looking for.
I posted on this site because I believe I have more deBlasio/Picone cousins (in the U.S. or Italy) and I am hoping to find them.
Ciao, and thanks again!
Thank you so much for your post! That was very nice of you to post my grandmother's immigration manifest from the S.S. Montevideo. I actually discovered that document last year, and I was so happy to find it!
Yes; I do have a few of my grandmother's US records that I was able to obtain from ancestry.com, ellisisland.org, and a couple of other sites. I am gradually putting together my family tree; it is a slow process but very rewarding when I do find information that I am looking for.
I posted on this site because I believe I have more deBlasio/Picone cousins (in the U.S. or Italy) and I am hoping to find them.
Ciao, and thanks again!
Re: Picone family from the Benevento, Campania or Naples are
Thank you again misbris!
I checked the link you sent, and found listings for Picone & de Blasio around the same location in Sant' Agata dei Goti. It is quite possible they may be related to me. I am going to check into this further.
Grazie mille!!!
I checked the link you sent, and found listings for Picone & de Blasio around the same location in Sant' Agata dei Goti. It is quite possible they may be related to me. I am going to check into this further.
Grazie mille!!!
-
Americatony
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Jun 2012, 12:48
Re: Picone family from the Benevento, Campania or Naples are
Hi, I am Anthony Picone. I am not sure if we are related but I am originally from NY and I think my great great grandparents came here to NY in the early 1900's. My email address is Americatony@aol.com. I have old photos and my brother and I are the only Picones left and we have been trying to figure out who everyone is from those old photos.

