I know! thank you for the reminder! I sent the correction right after first email right away I sent it but here I just copy and paste the first email and forgot to mentioned the correction.
Si prega di notare una correzione nel cognome della levatrice: il nome corretto è Angela GHISALBERTI in DACCÀ (non Dacia). Il parto è avvenuto il 20/07/1877 in Vico di Ponticello 6.
And mmogno how do you do the research on those two webpages? what is the map to find her there_
Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
-
Luciano Tolenti
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 07:19
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
@mmognommogno wrote: 22 Feb 2026, 22:28 @AngelaGrace56
Ciao Angela.
Thank you for pointing that out. I agree that the house number on Gerolamo Tolenti's birth certificate is 6. However, in three other certificates under the letter T from 1877 that I found, also reporting the births of foundlings by Angela, the number 7 is indicated.
#6
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es
#321
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es
#1468
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es
Hello
Thank you for posting those links, G. You're welcome for the second set of eyes.
Angela
-
Luciano Tolenti
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 07:19
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
Hi
Yes! A genius! And it's interesting that on all those pages the mothers ask not to be named! It must be that it was a place where only mothers who decided not to give their names and took their babies to the orphanage went.
Yes! A genius! And it's interesting that on all those pages the mothers ask not to be named! It must be that it was a place where only mothers who decided not to give their names and took their babies to the orphanage went.