Italian Roots Help
Re: Italian Roots Help
Well, that's new. I didn't know there was a brother. Oh and a user named MMtedesco on Ancestry said you messaged her about Vincenzo? She knows me and wanted to know who you were and if you were family. I said you were a friend helping me out.
Re: Italian Roots Help
I ask her if she had Vincenzo Ferraiolo parents info she is a genealogist so she should have that info you need
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
I got ya. She told me she doesn't. At least you e-mailed the village. So, we have that to look forward too. =)
Re: Italian Roots Help
That's kinda funny that she has geneaology TV show on pbs Italian Origins and doesn't have that info and she has been to Italy to San Pierre a Maida
I wait and see on my request I sent sometimes they send the anwser by mail even through it was a email
Marty
I wait and see on my request I sent sometimes they send the anwser by mail even through it was a email
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Yep. She just sent me a link to her video. I am going to watch in a second. Meanwhile my "friend" on Familysearch just disconnected Maria Tedesco from her parents....Oy....
Talk about not getting the hint! Wtf.
Sent a message asking her what her deal was. Fixed everything. She reasons it's because she feels it's because her francesco died before Maria was born. I wonder if she might have the wrong info. There may have been a ton of Francesco Tedescos back then. Whatever.
Talk about not getting the hint! Wtf.
Sent a message asking her what her deal was. Fixed everything. She reasons it's because she feels it's because her francesco died before Maria was born. I wonder if she might have the wrong info. There may have been a ton of Francesco Tedescos back then. Whatever.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Oh and here's the article she wrote about the Tedescos connection with the Ferraiolos:
http://www.originsitaly.com/an-italian- ... nksgiving/
She seems like she's a big deal. =D
http://www.originsitaly.com/an-italian- ... nksgiving/
She seems like she's a big deal. =D
Re: Italian Roots Help
Hey, Marty.
Now I am really confused. I found my great-aunt Nicki's birth date and it's 23 March 1923 in San Pietro a Maida, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. This kind of throws my Tedesco tree out of whack a little bit. So much so that I am going to have to hack and slash a few things on the tree. I was wondering if you could help me draft a letter for San Pietro a Maida and ask about Maria Tedesco and see what happens.
Now I feel kinda bad. Still doesn't excuse people for being huge jerks. But, ya. Other trees were wrong it seems. As was my great-aunt. Which is equally baffling. Please help if you can.
Oh and do you have skype? It feels weird being the only two people talking in this thread.
Now I am really confused. I found my great-aunt Nicki's birth date and it's 23 March 1923 in San Pietro a Maida, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. This kind of throws my Tedesco tree out of whack a little bit. So much so that I am going to have to hack and slash a few things on the tree. I was wondering if you could help me draft a letter for San Pietro a Maida and ask about Maria Tedesco and see what happens.
Now I feel kinda bad. Still doesn't excuse people for being huge jerks. But, ya. Other trees were wrong it seems. As was my great-aunt. Which is equally baffling. Please help if you can.
Oh and do you have skype? It feels weird being the only two people talking in this thread.
Re: Italian Roots Help
No Im not on Skype sorry I have never sent for records from San Pietro a Maida so Im not sure how long their response time is??
Ok heres but what you do can sent for Maria Tedesco death certificate from the city of Haverhill, Massachusetts maybe they listed her parents names on the record it cost but you can order online or mail. The other way is checking the obits in the town newspaper for 1943 might have info there of her parents
PG LINK TO INFO FOR GETTING DEATH RECORD
http://www.haverhillma.gov/government/c ... /index.php
Here the index info:
Name:Maria T Ferraiolo
Death Date:1943
Death Place:Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Volume Number:49
Page Number:408
Index Volume Number:101
Marty
Ok heres but what you do can sent for Maria Tedesco death certificate from the city of Haverhill, Massachusetts maybe they listed her parents names on the record it cost but you can order online or mail. The other way is checking the obits in the town newspaper for 1943 might have info there of her parents
PG LINK TO INFO FOR GETTING DEATH RECORD
http://www.haverhillma.gov/government/c ... /index.php
Here the index info:
Name:Maria T Ferraiolo
Death Date:1943
Death Place:Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Volume Number:49
Page Number:408
Index Volume Number:101
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Right. Seeing as Haverhill is the next town over from me it should be a piece of cake. =)
I'll see what I can do. I am also planning on sending San Pietro a Maida an e-mail, too. That's going to be tomorrow's project. I have a few drafts done. If you'd like to see them, let me know.
And you did say it would take up to 30 days. Dunno what to tell you.
I'll see what I can do. I am also planning on sending San Pietro a Maida an e-mail, too. That's going to be tomorrow's project. I have a few drafts done. If you'd like to see them, let me know.
And you did say it would take up to 30 days. Dunno what to tell you.
Re: Italian Roots Help
leave me them in a pm
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Hello!
I am back with more information. But, I am a little stuck. I found information on my great grandmother Maria Tedesco's parents and grandparents. Her parents were Antonio Tommaso Tedesco (7/23/1876-2/20/1969) and Dominica Gullo (1877-1959). Antonio's parents were Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto. I have no info on them. I might have to go to a family center for that.
If someone can help me with this, that would be great! Thanks!
Here's the message I got:
Ciao Chris come va,spero bene, oggi ho cercato presso l'ufficio Anagrafe del Comune ,e purtroppo con le date che mi hai dato ho trovato ben poco. Ho trovato 1^ Tedesco Antonio Tommaso nato il 23.07.1876 figlio di Tedesco Tommaso e di Gatto Angela ha celebrato matrimonio il 18 novembre non si capisce l'anno,deceduto il 20 febbraio 1969. Poi per quanto riguarda Ferraiolo Marco 1869 e Coppola Caterina 1872 con queste date non c'è niente , anche di Gullo Domenica 1877. Vedi se hai date più precise OK buona serata
I have since e-mailed the San Pietro commune office again asking for info on Marco and his wife. Not much else I can do. I should poke around the SP facebook group and see if any Ferraiolo relatives are there.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
I am back with more information. But, I am a little stuck. I found information on my great grandmother Maria Tedesco's parents and grandparents. Her parents were Antonio Tommaso Tedesco (7/23/1876-2/20/1969) and Dominica Gullo (1877-1959). Antonio's parents were Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto. I have no info on them. I might have to go to a family center for that.
If someone can help me with this, that would be great! Thanks!
Here's the message I got:
Ciao Chris come va,spero bene, oggi ho cercato presso l'ufficio Anagrafe del Comune ,e purtroppo con le date che mi hai dato ho trovato ben poco. Ho trovato 1^ Tedesco Antonio Tommaso nato il 23.07.1876 figlio di Tedesco Tommaso e di Gatto Angela ha celebrato matrimonio il 18 novembre non si capisce l'anno,deceduto il 20 febbraio 1969. Poi per quanto riguarda Ferraiolo Marco 1869 e Coppola Caterina 1872 con queste date non c'è niente , anche di Gullo Domenica 1877. Vedi se hai date più precise OK buona serata
I have since e-mailed the San Pietro commune office again asking for info on Marco and his wife. Not much else I can do. I should poke around the SP facebook group and see if any Ferraiolo relatives are there.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Re: Italian Roots Help
Hi Chris
Your relative says they found the birth records of Antonio Tommaso Tedesco son of Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto and there must be a sidenote on the birth record of his marriage of Nov 18 but they cant read the year they were married the other records are not the right dates so they cant find them in the registry
Ask them if the town office will let them photograph the birth record with a phone so you can have a copy of it
Also you should see if the family church is Parrocchia S. Nicola di Bari in San Pietro a Maida
Marty
Your relative says they found the birth records of Antonio Tommaso Tedesco son of Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto and there must be a sidenote on the birth record of his marriage of Nov 18 but they cant read the year they were married the other records are not the right dates so they cant find them in the registry
Ask them if the town office will let them photograph the birth record with a phone so you can have a copy of it
Also you should see if the family church is Parrocchia S. Nicola di Bari in San Pietro a Maida
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
She's not a relative. This was someone who works in the commune office. I can ask. Do we have enough info to go to a family center with?
Re: Italian Roots Help
Yes we can probally find Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto birth records I figure around 1850 on the Family History Center computer records of San Pietro a Maida Next time Im there I will look for the Tedesco's
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

