Italian Roots Help
Italian Roots Help
Hello,
I'm new here and I need some help with a part of my family tree. I have been working on it off and on for the past ten years and I've always seemed to have trouble locating family past certain people on my Italian side. I have first-hand information from my grandmother and it doesn't seem to be enough. Familysearch, Ellis Island and other Italian archive sites don't seem to be enough, either as they don't seem to have any information from San Pietro a Maida or Gesualdo.
I am looking for information on the parents of Vincenzo Ferraiolo (5/2/1894-1970). I know he was born in San Pietro a Maida, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. I haven’t had much luck finding out anything past that. I know he died in Haverhill, Massachusetts and came over to the US in the 1920s. I am also looking for information on the Tedescos, Spanos,DeFrancescos, Dragones, Santamarias, Dentes, Capobiancos and Renaldos.
I’ve had a little bit better luck on the Carrabs side thanks to my grandmother. But, I have hit a roadblock when it comes to finding the genealogy of the Forgione family past Clementina Forgione who lived 11 Aug 1884 - 15 Jan 1965 and was born in Avellino, Avellino, Campania, Italy. I just have the last names of Forgione and Penta on her side.
It’s really been frustrating as I have a ton of information on the other side of the family. Can someone help me figure out what I need to do?
Thanks in advance!
I'm new here and I need some help with a part of my family tree. I have been working on it off and on for the past ten years and I've always seemed to have trouble locating family past certain people on my Italian side. I have first-hand information from my grandmother and it doesn't seem to be enough. Familysearch, Ellis Island and other Italian archive sites don't seem to be enough, either as they don't seem to have any information from San Pietro a Maida or Gesualdo.
I am looking for information on the parents of Vincenzo Ferraiolo (5/2/1894-1970). I know he was born in San Pietro a Maida, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. I haven’t had much luck finding out anything past that. I know he died in Haverhill, Massachusetts and came over to the US in the 1920s. I am also looking for information on the Tedescos, Spanos,DeFrancescos, Dragones, Santamarias, Dentes, Capobiancos and Renaldos.
I’ve had a little bit better luck on the Carrabs side thanks to my grandmother. But, I have hit a roadblock when it comes to finding the genealogy of the Forgione family past Clementina Forgione who lived 11 Aug 1884 - 15 Jan 1965 and was born in Avellino, Avellino, Campania, Italy. I just have the last names of Forgione and Penta on her side.
It’s really been frustrating as I have a ton of information on the other side of the family. Can someone help me figure out what I need to do?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Italian Roots Help
Hi heres some info
Birth record of Clementina Forgione
INDEX #96
1884 Aug 12th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Clementina Forgione daughter of Felice Forgione age 28 farmer and his wife Luigia Penta
Sidenote says married Giuseppe Carrabs (son of Vincenzo) 1905 Mar 11th
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Birth record of Clementina Forgione
INDEX #96
1884 Aug 12th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Clementina Forgione daughter of Felice Forgione age 28 farmer and his wife Luigia Penta
Sidenote says married Giuseppe Carrabs (son of Vincenzo) 1905 Mar 11th
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Thanks! Do you have a link I can use? I guess I could estimate his date of birth from the record. Thank you!
Oh and is there anything else about the Forgiones we can find? It seems if I calculate it, he was born in 1855.
Oh and is there anything else about the Forgiones we can find? It seems if I calculate it, he was born in 1855.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Do you know this site?
http://88.59.143.158/asav_web/index.faces
You can open a free account and search the Forgiones....
http://88.59.143.158/asav_web/index.faces
You can open a free account and search the Forgiones....
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Italian Roots Help
No, but I can check it out. Thanks!
Huh. Can't seem to find anything at the moment. Will check it out more.
Huh. Can't seem to find anything at the moment. Will check it out more.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Update: The Felice Forgiones I found in Portale della Storia didn't match up with the file adelfio gave me. The ones they gave me were of a 16 yr old and another who was way too old to be this Felice.
Re: Italian Roots Help
The marriage publication of Felice Forgione and Luigia Penta
INDEX#5 (Part 2 in marriage publication Gesualdo)
1883 Oct 25th in the town of Grottaminarda marriage of Felice Forgione farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo married to Maria Luigia Penta farmer born in Grottaminarda daughter of deceased Pasquale Penta and Vincenza Vacca
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
INDEX#5 (Part 2 in marriage publication Gesualdo)
1883 Oct 25th in the town of Grottaminarda marriage of Felice Forgione farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo married to Maria Luigia Penta farmer born in Grottaminarda daughter of deceased Pasquale Penta and Vincenza Vacca
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Thanks! I hope I get to find more info. Thanks a lot! Gonna see if I can find info on those four you listed. But, any help would be great.
Re: Italian Roots Help
I think I hit a bit of a snag. For Maria Luigia Penta, the parents are Pasquale Penta and Vincenza Vacca, right?
This is all based on this source:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
And this one:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
The weird thing is that on FS Vincenzo's last name is Vaccaro and Penta is Di Penta. I hope these are the same people. I put in the names for Penta and Forgione's parents and got those people. Things match up, but, I am not sure they are the same. No sources to verify them.
This is all based on this source:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
And this one:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
The weird thing is that on FS Vincenzo's last name is Vaccaro and Penta is Di Penta. I hope these are the same people. I put in the names for Penta and Forgione's parents and got those people. Things match up, but, I am not sure they are the same. No sources to verify them.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Can someone be so kind as to translate the documents I posted? My Italian isn't that great.
Re: Italian Roots Help
I ask because someone translated Vacca and said Nacca. So now I am confused.
Re: Italian Roots Help
It's looks like it is Vincenzo Nacca I looked again and it's a N if you look on the record the V in Vincenzo is different writingCferra wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 20:21 I ask because someone translated Vacca and said Nacca. So now I am confused.
Sorry
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
That's okay! =) Thanks for your help! Do you have access to Gesualdo genie on ancestry? I think I have found the marriage of Caputo and Forgione. But, I can't get to it. Paywall.
Re: Italian Roots Help
I looked at the Gesualdogenie tree on ancestry heres the link its kinda all over the place show me the marriage record
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tr ... 613/family
Heres the links to what I have so far
Birth record of Clementina Forgione
INDEX #96
1884 Aug 12th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Clementina Forgione daughter of Felice Forgione age 28 farmer and his wife Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=409722
INDEX#5
1905 Mar 11th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Giuseppe Carrabs age 23 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Vincenzo Carrabs and Giovanna Capobianco married Clementina Forgione age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Felice Forgione and Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
The marriage publication of Felice Forgione and Luigia Penta
INDEX#5 (Part 2 in marriage publication Gesualdo)
1883 Oct 25th in the town of Grottaminarda marriage of Felice Forgione farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo married to Maria Luigia Penta farmer born in Grottaminarda daughter of deceased Pasquale Penta and Vincenza Nacca
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tr ... 613/family
Heres the links to what I have so far
Birth record of Clementina Forgione
INDEX #96
1884 Aug 12th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Clementina Forgione daughter of Felice Forgione age 28 farmer and his wife Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=409722
INDEX#5
1905 Mar 11th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Giuseppe Carrabs age 23 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Vincenzo Carrabs and Giovanna Capobianco married Clementina Forgione age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Felice Forgione and Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
The marriage publication of Felice Forgione and Luigia Penta
INDEX#5 (Part 2 in marriage publication Gesualdo)
1883 Oct 25th in the town of Grottaminarda marriage of Felice Forgione farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo married to Maria Luigia Penta farmer born in Grottaminarda daughter of deceased Pasquale Penta and Vincenza Nacca
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Felice Forgione (father of Clementina)
INDEX#20
1902 Feb 25 in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino death of Felice Forgione age 42 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo he was married to Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
INDEX#20
1902 Feb 25 in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino death of Felice Forgione age 42 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo he was married to Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

