H
Re: Help with surname on manifesto, please?
Hi,
I have looked at the manifest and have compared the style of handwriting with other letters throughout the page. I believe the surname of Filomena is SCARTOZZI. Italian women retain their maiden name as their legal name in Italy. When researching the name SCARTOZZI in the Italian White pages, I found 3 more SCARTOZZI who are listed in the town of Colonnella (TE) Abruzzo.
Bette
I have looked at the manifest and have compared the style of handwriting with other letters throughout the page. I believe the surname of Filomena is SCARTOZZI. Italian women retain their maiden name as their legal name in Italy. When researching the name SCARTOZZI in the Italian White pages, I found 3 more SCARTOZZI who are listed in the town of Colonnella (TE) Abruzzo.
Bette
Re: Help with surname on manifesto, please?
Hi,
i think there is another possible surname : if you look the vowel after the letter "T" seems a "i" with the point above (check the vowel "O" in the other lines ... line 13 for example). So, i think is better search surname "SCARTIZZI"....
best regards
i think there is another possible surname : if you look the vowel after the letter "T" seems a "i" with the point above (check the vowel "O" in the other lines ... line 13 for example). So, i think is better search surname "SCARTIZZI"....
best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with surname on manifesto, please?

In my opinion it is Scartozzi
Re: Help with surname on manifesto, please?
Thank you for enlarging her name for me, Livio. I appreciate that very much. It's very clear to me that her name was Scartozzi.liviomoreno wrote:
In my opinion it is Scartozzi
Re: Help with surname on manifesto, please?
Hello.. If you are interested in research for Pierantozzi family, please Join us at Pierantozzi Ancestry Group on Facebook...
I have members of that are of this lineage...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 888&ref=mf
I have members of that are of this lineage...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 888&ref=mf


