Greetings,
I'm looking to apply for Italian citizenship in South Africa but I unfortunately fall foul of the 1912 issue (my ancestor naturalised in 1899 after coming under political pressure from the then British administration in SA).
With the 1912 problem being open to interpretation I was wondering whether anyone can recommend which of the four consulates is the least rigid?
As this board mostly deals with America I'm aware this is a long shot, but it's worth asking...
Thanks,
P.C.
Consulates in South Africa
- ProfessorCasperelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 28 Feb 2009, 16:56
- Location: Sudafrica
- Contact:
- ProfessorCasperelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 28 Feb 2009, 16:56
- Location: Sudafrica
- Contact:
Re: Consulates in South Africa
Just in case one of the 35 000 remaining Italian-South Africans stumble across this in the future, the Cape Town consulate does not enforce the 1912 rule.
P.C.
P.C.