In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
- RyanInTuscany
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 05:35
In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
My ancestors came from the Crespano del Grappa area. Prominent names in my family tree are Capovilla, Andreatta, Zilliotto, Prevedello, and Zardo. If someone can connect me to a historian or archivist, I would really appreciate it. Thanks...RyanInTuscany
Re: In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
Have you checked for microfilmed records or tried sending a records request?
wldspirit
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- RyanInTuscany
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 05:35
Re: In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
No. How would I go about doing this. I am very fortunate that a man from Crespano del Grappa, (Federico), has offered to help me...but yes, I would love to find access to microfilm...
- RyanInTuscany
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 05:35
Re: In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
Federico also tells me that normal public records only go back as far as 1871...(just after the unification of modern Italy). So he needs to go into the parish church records...(luckily he is the parish archivist). I feel blessed to have found such a person. I had a feeling that the churches would be the place to go to, but I know that my Italian is severely lacking...(I suppose I'll be able to give that more attention upon my return to Italy in a few months). But anyhow, yes, if you know where to direct me, that would be great...
Re: In need of someone from Crespano del Grappa...
Ryan, I have the same names in my family tree. My parents where from Crespano del Grappa. Federico did the research for me, and he is good at it. Would you be interested in exchanging data?
