When I try to do any searching, I find a lot of my family names from Caraffa and many come up Nicastro so I don't know if maybe the families from those two towns were close knit or what.
Didn't familes tend to stay in their own little village for generations and generations? Were marriages ever fixed by families in two different villages or towns?
I have so many questions.......wasn't the first born son named after the grandfather? Usually? So if my grandfather was the first born and his name is Giuseppe, then his father's father must have been named Giuseppe. My grandfather's first born was named Francesco so my grandfather's grandfather must have been a Francesco. So it would go Giuseppe>Francesco>Giuseppe>Francesco, etc? If so, it would make it a little easier to go back as far as I can knowing this might be true. I've found a few Antonios that are possibilities. My uncle Tony was supposedly named after an uncle.
Do I sound confused yet? LOL I've been doing this since the 70s and, of course, put it away now and then, but with the Internet now, it's so much easier but still very frustrating.
thanks for everyone's help if you can help me.
Kathy A
right now in TExas, we live on the road in our motorhome
Family names are: Guzzo, Ferraina, Calio, Mazzei, Mancuso



