Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area
Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area
Are there any Monasteries, convents and or farmhouses that could accomodate 10-12 visitors in the Montese area? I know there is a book available to buy but thought someone might have first hand experience with the accommodations in that area. Thank you.
Re: Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area
Hi,
I once stayed in a monastery in the Verona area. It was very, very inexpensive, BUT, the accomodations were spartan, meals were at a set time, and the place was lock tight at 10 pm. In addition, the location was remote and inconvenient.
If you have a large group and want to contain expenses, I would suggest you look into an Agroturismo. These are private homes, farms, etc which are sanctioned by the Italian government to give tourists a real flavor of the food and culture of the area. Some are quite rustic, but some, have all the amenities. One we visited had a swimming pool, jogging paths, lovely olive groves and incredible food. I never stayed in one in the Montese area, but here is a site to visit.
http://en.agriturismo.it/emilia_romagna/index.jsp
I once stayed in a monastery in the Verona area. It was very, very inexpensive, BUT, the accomodations were spartan, meals were at a set time, and the place was lock tight at 10 pm. In addition, the location was remote and inconvenient.
If you have a large group and want to contain expenses, I would suggest you look into an Agroturismo. These are private homes, farms, etc which are sanctioned by the Italian government to give tourists a real flavor of the food and culture of the area. Some are quite rustic, but some, have all the amenities. One we visited had a swimming pool, jogging paths, lovely olive groves and incredible food. I never stayed in one in the Montese area, but here is a site to visit.
http://en.agriturismo.it/emilia_romagna/index.jsp
Re: Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area
Thank you. I am checking it out.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area
There is a website with questions and answers about agroturism and hotels for Montese at www.vacans.com/en/italy/subscribe.aspx
Clickon British flag for english to the right and click SEARCH at the left for Montese=Peter=
Clickon British flag for english to the right and click SEARCH at the left for Montese=Peter=
~Peter~
