Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302 Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00
Post
by VaDeb » 29 Apr 2004, 21:19
The following is from an 1871 handwritten marriage bann from Sicily.
Can anyone tell me what the first word in this sentence is?
Catoli dichiarazioni sono stata fatto all presenza di (names follow)
? declarations have been made in the presence of...
I am not positive of the spelling of this word. Possibilites include Catali, Cotoli, and Catoli.
Thanks
Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251 Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:
Post
by suanj » 02 May 2004, 18:40
HI: "Cotali" ancient italian word=THIS
suanj
modern italian language:TALI = .... this declarations etc...
VaDeb
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302 Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00
Post
by VaDeb » 03 May 2004, 13:04
No wonder I couldn't find it. I can't say thank you enough for all the help and advice provided here.
Thanks again Suanj.
Debbie