Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
My maternal great grandmother was born in "Donnici Inferiore" according to family relatives. When checking the FHC microfiche, I have only found a town called "Donnici". Anyone know if this is one in the same because I had heard there was a Donnici Inferiore and a Donnici Superiore....
Re: Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
Hi!
Yes, those are the correct films.
My family records from Donnici do not have the distinction of Inferiore or Superiore in them.
Those two designations probably happened after 1910.
(my family was also from Donnici Inferiore)
Valarie
Yes, those are the correct films.
My family records from Donnici do not have the distinction of Inferiore or Superiore in them.
Those two designations probably happened after 1910.
(my family was also from Donnici Inferiore)
Valarie
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
In Comune di Cosenza, Provincia di Cosenza, Regione di Calabria, you will find Frazioni named Donnici Inferiore and Donnici Superiore.
I am not sure about Inferiore/Superiore usage, but towns are sometimes divided (formally or colloquially) into "upper" and "lower" segments; for example, the part which is on the hillside vs the part which at the bottom of the hill.
I suspect that FHL combined the films under a single Donnici heading.
Frazione = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione
PS: There is a third frazione in Cosenza which may be of interest: Crocevia di Donnici. In any event, all of these are part of Comune di Cosenza and records will be held by the comune, not the individual frazioni.
I am not sure about Inferiore/Superiore usage, but towns are sometimes divided (formally or colloquially) into "upper" and "lower" segments; for example, the part which is on the hillside vs the part which at the bottom of the hill.
I suspect that FHL combined the films under a single Donnici heading.
Frazione = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione
PS: There is a third frazione in Cosenza which may be of interest: Crocevia di Donnici. In any event, all of these are part of Comune di Cosenza and records will be held by the comune, not the individual frazioni.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
Thanks VJ and Johnnyonthespot!!!
-
MassimoDonnici
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 00:27
Re: Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza
Donnici is a "frazione" of Cosenza and is divided in "inferiore" (below the hill) and "superiore" (above the hill)
"Crocevia" or "Bivio" (crossroad) is a part of Donnici Inferiore, where there is the cross between SS19 and SS178 (SS=strada statale=important road).
I live there
"Crocevia" or "Bivio" (crossroad) is a part of Donnici Inferiore, where there is the cross between SS19 and SS178 (SS=strada statale=important road).
I live there
