I live in San Diego, Ca.
Thank you,
Steve
What Consulate do I go to...
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
You need to apply through the LA consulate.
- musaccosteve
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 19:27
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
Thank you for your reply. I found a listing for a Consulate of Italy listing for San Diego as follows:
5222 Balboa Avenue, Suite 22
San Diego, CA 92117
phone: 858-277-3395
I called but the phone was disconnected. Is this the correct contact information for the L.A. consulate. . . .
12400 Wilshire Blvd. # 300 (tra Bundy & Centinela)
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025
Tel: (310) 820-0622
Thank you,
Steve
5222 Balboa Avenue, Suite 22
San Diego, CA 92117
phone: 858-277-3395
I called but the phone was disconnected. Is this the correct contact information for the L.A. consulate. . . .
12400 Wilshire Blvd. # 300 (tra Bundy & Centinela)
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025
Tel: (310) 820-0622
Thank you,
Steve
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
My suspicion is that the address you found in San Diego is for an honorary consul or something of the sort - they cannot process citizenship applications. You have to do that at the LA consulate. The address and phone number you posted are correct, but if you want to schedule an appointment with one of the citizenship officers, you must do so through Abtran. I think the Abtran phone # is on the consulate's web page. Good luck!
- musaccosteve
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 19:27
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
I couldn't find a listing for "Abtran." What is abtran?
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your help.
kmaldo wrote:My suspicion is that the address you found in San Diego is for an honorary consul or something of the sort - they cannot process citizenship applications. You have to do that at the LA consulate. The address and phone number you posted are correct, but if you want to schedule an appointment with one of the citizenship officers, you must do so through Abtran. I think the Abtran phone # is on the consulate's web page. Good luck!
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
Abtran is the 3rd party appointment service that the consulate uses to schedule appointments.
From the LA consulate's web site:
The Citizenship Department receives only by appointment.
This service is handled by Abtran (www.abtran.com)
Appointments can be made by calling:
Premium rate: 1900-446-2244
Credit Card: 1800-686-4446
at the cost of $2.49 per minute.
From the LA consulate's web site:
The Citizenship Department receives only by appointment.
This service is handled by Abtran (www.abtran.com)
Appointments can be made by calling:
Premium rate: 1900-446-2244
Credit Card: 1800-686-4446
at the cost of $2.49 per minute.
- musaccosteve
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 19:27
Re: What Consulate do I go to...
Thank you, kmaldo.
kmaldo wrote:Abtran is the 3rd party appointment service that the consulate uses to schedule appointments.
From the LA consulate's web site:
The Citizenship Department receives only by appointment.
This service is handled by Abtran (www.abtran.com)
Appointments can be made by calling:
Premium rate: 1900-446-2244
Credit Card: 1800-686-4446
at the cost of $2.49 per minute.
