Cost of Passage
Cost of Passage
Would anyone know what the cost was to travel from Italy to New York back in 1906 - 1915 range.
Re: Cost of Passage
here you go Pops interesting reading
website
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/un ... .06.x.html
Marty A
website
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/un ... .06.x.html
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- sunniedays
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 21:48
- Location: CT
Re: Cost of Passage
I thought this was an interesting question so I went to the link provided by adelfio. For those who don't have time to do the reading..$30 was the average steerage fare to NY (the article also said that by about 1900 the trip took about a week).
Re: Cost of Passage
Thank you for your quick answers to my question. I found one article on the net, that put the cost at about $15 in 1920.
