Hi Everyone,
I'm going to Italy in a few days and have arranged to spend a few hours in Marsico Nuovo on my last day (the town my family is from). I won't have a lot of time and it will be a Saturday. I'm not sure the town hall will be open on Saturday, but I am hoping to find a cemetery. I know of at least one ancestor who's death record is from Marsico, so I assume he is buried there. Does anyone know anything about this town or its' cemeteries? Any suggestions for maximizing my 4 hours in town?
Thanks for your advice!
Michelle
Marsico Nuovo, Basilicata
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Marsico Nuovo, Basilicata
I can't offer much help, but there are several nice photos here http://www.panoramio.com/map/#lt%3D40.4 ... %26tab%3D1
More images here http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rls= ... co%20Nuovo
Town offices are almost certainly closed on Saturday and may very well only be open a few hours per day / a few days per week.
A town of this size (~5,000 persons) probably has just the one town-owned "cimitero" - it shouldn't be that hard to locate.
More images here http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rls= ... co%20Nuovo
Town offices are almost certainly closed on Saturday and may very well only be open a few hours per day / a few days per week.
A town of this size (~5,000 persons) probably has just the one town-owned "cimitero" - it shouldn't be that hard to locate.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
