Hello,
I'm quite new to these forums. I was directed to come here for help with my question.
I have two great grandparents that were born and married in Venosa, Italy. I sent a letter to the comune in Venosa, but I have not heard back yet. I heard there could be websites/places to look up indexes or people who happen to have microfilm. I have everything I need on them except thier Italian documents. Here is what I do know:
Name:
Domenico D'Angella - Born August 8th, 1897 in Venosa Italy
Caterina Belsanti - Born October 15th, 1899 in Venosa Italy
I do not know the date they were married, but I have some idea. Census records show she was 21 when she married and he was 24. So, they probably married right around 1920 to 1921.
If anyone knows where I can obtain these records, aside from writing to the comune, please let me know. I have tried looking at ancestry.com and familysearch.org.
D'Angella/Belsanti BC and MC
Re: D'Angella/Belsanti BC and MC
Hello,
My opinion is you have done your research well and now you must wait to hear from Venosa.
I have the same problem with my maternal grandfathers family.
Once I got the first record in the mail, it got a lot easier, maybe they got to know me.
You probably have this, http://en.comuni-italiani.it/076/095/
Patience is a virtue,
Paul
My opinion is you have done your research well and now you must wait to hear from Venosa.
I have the same problem with my maternal grandfathers family.
Once I got the first record in the mail, it got a lot easier, maybe they got to know me.
You probably have this, http://en.comuni-italiani.it/076/095/
Patience is a virtue,
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
Re: D'Angella/Belsanti BC and MC
Hi and welcome to the website I looked at Caterina Belsanti - Born October 15th, 1899 in Venosa Italy ship manifest
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name:Caterina Belsanti
Arrival Date:6 Dec 1921
Birth Year:abt 1899
Birth Location:Italy
Birth Location :venosa
Age:22:Female
Ethnicity/Race/Nationality:Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure:Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival:New York, New York
Ship Name:Colombo
On page 1 its shows she left her father Vincenzo Lavello in the town of Lavello Potenza page 2 it show she was born in Venosa Potenza
I see your problem with records from Family History for Venosa only going to 1860's
If that manifest is right did her first father die or what happen with the name?
Click to enlarge Marty A
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name:Caterina Belsanti
Arrival Date:6 Dec 1921
Birth Year:abt 1899
Birth Location:Italy
Birth Location :venosa
Age:22:Female
Ethnicity/Race/Nationality:Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure:Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival:New York, New York
Ship Name:Colombo
On page 1 its shows she left her father Vincenzo Lavello in the town of Lavello Potenza page 2 it show she was born in Venosa Potenza
I see your problem with records from Family History for Venosa only going to 1860's
If that manifest is right did her first father die or what happen with the name?
Click to enlarge Marty A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: D'Angella/Belsanti BC and MC
Thanks everyone. Yes the patience part is tough. I have an appointment July 22nd with the Italian consulate and need those. The confusing part is domenico went ahead of her to the us and he was listed as single. She came a few months later using belsanti as her last name but says married and visiting her husband with the last name d'Angela. I'm hoping her fathers last name was belsanti and labelling was the town he was in.... that would just be really confusing. I was hoping is have another option or resource aside from being patient and waiting on the comune when i had a timeframe... hehe
Re: D'Angella/Belsanti BC and MC
Sorry typing from my phone autocorrect messed up some words. I think Lavello was the town the father was from not the last name. It should be Belsanti


