Do documents from 3rd country need to be translated?
Do documents from 3rd country need to be translated?
My ancestor passed through a 3rd country on the way to the US. As a precautionary measure, I have obtained certification of no naturalization from that country so that there will be no doubt that he was still an Italian citizen when his children were born. Do I need to have it translated into Italian and/or English if I am applying at a consulate in the US?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: Do documents from 3rd country need to be translated?
if the kids were born there etc then yes all documents must be translated because it would be an important document. if it was literally a place he stayed on his way to the US and no one was born there and no marriages etc. then the italian consulate wont even have a way of knowing he was in this third country.
