Hello,
I am researching a family from Santeramo de Colle, Bari, Apuglia, Italy. The family emigrated to America in 1920, but there was a family scandal which led to the husband being deported back to Italy. Supposedly he had committed a felony (possibly robbery) and was wanted in the courts in Italy prior to his leaving. Reportedly, his case was dismissed in one court, but then reopened in another. He went back to Italy in 1927, and within two months told his family that things had been cleared up for his return to America.
How do I get the court records for this case??
Thank you,
Angela
Court Records from Bari, Italy prior to 1920
-
LeavesOfHeritage
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 22:24
Re: Court Records from Bari, Italy prior to 1920
Court records should be kept at Archivio di Stato di Bari.
Write a detailed email only in italian, and someone will reply to you.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Write a detailed email only in italian, and someone will reply to you.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
