Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Does anyone have information how I go about changing my father's first name on his birth cert? He was born in PA as Jiovanino but on his death cert(and all military/other documents) his name appears as John. Also, his birth date needs to be corrected. Since I'm going for dual citizenship through my father (mother's side did not work out)I'm sure this will be an issue!!
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Roberta
You said that you had problems to prove Jus Sanguinis trough maternal line, I suggest to visit this website. Search part of website "Citizenship for female ancestor".
Have you considered changing his name on his marriage and death certificates and your birth and marriage certificates. You would also need to correct his birth date on the marriage and death certificates.
I had a similar problem with my late father. I had to change Anthony back to Antonino on his and my documents; I had to correct his date of birth; and I had to correct his father's name. I was able to make all the chnages in New York with the help of my mother.