Question about Form 4
-
lisahickey
- Rookie

- Posts: 64
- Joined: 08 Aug 2011, 19:22
Question about Form 4
We are applying through GF - both he and father are deceased - is form 4 to be filled out for father? I had thought so, as I assumed that grandfather's naturalization meant it wasn't for him, but wanted to double check before our appointment in 2 weeks! Thank you!
Re: Question about Form 4
I applied GF>F>Me ... Both GF & F are deceased. I had thought I only needed Form 4 for F ... but Consulate wanted it for GF & F ... I had it prepared for F ... Consulate gave me a blank form and I filled it out for GF on the spot
-
lisahickey
- Rookie

- Posts: 64
- Joined: 08 Aug 2011, 19:22
Re: Question about Form 4
Thanks - did you have to do GF addresses in Italy too?
Re: Question about Form 4
No, it was accepted with just the USA addresses. And for those, for both my father and grandfather, I just listed city and state only. I believe the purpose is for the consulate at which you are applying to check with other consulates where which the person lived to see if they ever renounced their Italian citizenship before an Italian authority
Re: Question about Form 4
I'm posting via the same...>GF >F >Me, although my GF has passed, however my Father has not.
But since my GF’s Petition for US Citizenship & Oath of Allegiance was signed on June 24th, 1935 and my father was born 17 days prior… I'm thinking/hoping I will only need Form 4 from my Father.
But since my GF’s Petition for US Citizenship & Oath of Allegiance was signed on June 24th, 1935 and my father was born 17 days prior… I'm thinking/hoping I will only need Form 4 from my Father.
