Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Hi I just registered here in hopes that I might be able to find out something about "the family name". Everyone I turn to, or even meet on the street says, "you've got an Italian name" so I hope to find out. I've done some research and so far have found out that the family might be from Sicily but I'm not sure. If anyone knows of this name (BARCELO) I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm a simple girl who believes in "the signs" in life... that's what drew me to become this genealogy detective for most of the summer, still hoping I find something.
Penelope,
here there is the list of all Barcelo landed to Ellis Island, N.Y. during the immigration time. Most of Barcelo are from Spain, Central and South America, there are not Barcelo in the Sicilian phone books, I hope it helps, bye ricbru
Tyhere are BARCELLO surnamed persons currently in Italy in 12 towns. 8 are in Calabria and 4 in Northern Italy. it may be possible that your ancestors were Barcello and the name was changed or it may be possible threy were orignially from Spain and then to the new world. In any event should you be interested in Italian genealogy you can buy or borrow the book Italian genealogical records by Trafford R,. Cole which will instruct you easily in obtaining information in Italy. If you need help with Spain or latin America please let me know as I speak Spanish. Peter
Dear Penelope...anybody with such a wondrous name should be helped!! Go to www.google.com and insert in the title BARCELO-GENEALOGY this will give you all the researches done, being currently researched and perhaps furnish additional information for you. You can also use BARCELO-Italy and then use BARCELO-Spain and whatever combination you can think of. Peter