I am getting better at reading, but still have some trouble.
Attached is a birth record.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3322562/AndreaBirth.jpg
I understand the first part is the record number, year, date and community of the birth.
The 2nd part is the father (Liborio Albanase), his age (30), profession (butcher) and residence (Polizzi).
The next part confuses me. It starts with his wife's name and age. It then has domiciliata with a location I can't read, which isn't Polizzi. Canyra maybe? Is that were the mother lives?
Then we have what looks like another name I can't read (after "e da"), his age profession and residence. Who is he?
The right hand side just has more recording information, until it has the name of the baby, Andrea Albanese.
I mainly want to know where the mother is from if she isn't from Polizzi, and if the 3rd person is someone relevant (another relative) or someone I can ignore (the doctor, an official, etc). But I also want to get better at this so I don't need so much help. Thanks for helping me.
birth record help
Re: birth record help
come sopra = as above. means from the same town.
other part is not another name but rather noting that he (the father mentioned above) declares (lui dichiarate), same age, same place (come sopra again)...
right side is baptism record, left side is civil birth record.
tom
other part is not another name but rather noting that he (the father mentioned above) declares (lui dichiarate), same age, same place (come sopra again)...
right side is baptism record, left side is civil birth record.
tom
Re: birth record help
The church is Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore in Polizzi
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

