Italians to Canada
Italians to Canada
I thought you were looking for pen pals...how old are you and who are you looking for? Peter
Italians to Canada
Go to www.ingineas.com/index.html for passenger lists for Canada in 1950 period at Halifax Nova Scotia when immigrants were cioming into Canada from Europe. There is a government record office but since you don\'t know what passenger list you are looking for it will be difficult to request all passenger lists. Just inquire of these people what you want. Peter
-
guardaunpo
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Mar 2003, 00:00
Imirated to Canada in 1957, from Italy
My parents and I left Bologna and travelled to Naples in feb of 57 and boarded The Saturnia and after a very rough trip arrived at Halifax Harbour, the trip took over two weeks, the weather was deplorable,the welcome we received when we set foot on Pier21 at last was memorable and so warm it would have thawed the ice-est heart.
-
guardaunpo
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Mar 2003, 00:00
Ps
I almost forgot to add that we did continue on to Toronto, where we stayed. I now live in Sudbury ontario. Where the Indians I wanted to meet when I first came to Canada really are!
-
guardaunpo
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Mar 2003, 00:00
Peter
Hello Peter;
I hope you are well, I have been busy elsewhere for a while but I'm still interested in Genalogy. In my web-wanderings I came across the Pier 21
website. Since this is where my family and I arrived back in 58, I would like to share this site with you all, it is a wealth of history and information, here it is, http://www.pier21.ca/
talk to you soon
Guardanupo
I hope you are well, I have been busy elsewhere for a while but I'm still interested in Genalogy. In my web-wanderings I came across the Pier 21
website. Since this is where my family and I arrived back in 58, I would like to share this site with you all, it is a wealth of history and information, here it is, http://www.pier21.ca/
talk to you soon
Guardanupo
