I would like to move to Sweden after I get my Italian citizenship. How does one go about getting enrolled in the Italian Health Care system so that you can get the new Euro health card, which I need in order to get medical treatment in Sweden as an EU citizen.
I've never actually lived in Italy.
Thanks.....
After Italian citizenship.......EURO health card
Re: After Italian citizenship.......EURO health card
[quote] ... How does one go about getting enrolled in the Italian Health Care system... [quote]
I think that you would be best advised asking this question at the consulate that processed your documents for citizenship. You probably have to start by registering with A.I.R.E.
In regards to the Euro Health Card, I understand that it is a card for EU citizens to use when travelling within the Union in order to facilitate the access to health care. From what I’ve read, this card is not intended for EU citizens who intend to establish residence in another EU state.
More information on this health card can be found here: http://www.epha.org/a/1333 . The ‘frequently asked question’ section has information on how this card works and how to request one.
I think that you would be best advised asking this question at the consulate that processed your documents for citizenship. You probably have to start by registering with A.I.R.E.
In regards to the Euro Health Card, I understand that it is a card for EU citizens to use when travelling within the Union in order to facilitate the access to health care. From what I’ve read, this card is not intended for EU citizens who intend to establish residence in another EU state.
More information on this health card can be found here: http://www.epha.org/a/1333 . The ‘frequently asked question’ section has information on how this card works and how to request one.
