Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me.
Attached is a death certificate for relative from the city of Palermo. The street is Via Cattolica but I could not find it on a map. I need this to see what church is around there to continue my research.
Any help would be great.
Chris
Street in the city of Palermo
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Thanks for your quick response Sabino.
Would you happen to know what historical churches are there? Right about 1810.
Thanks,
Chris
Would you happen to know what historical churches are there? Right about 1810.
Thanks,
Chris
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Hello Sabino,
Thanks for all the information you have given me.
I feel that looking for the baptism of Antonino would be a challenge but I will work on that but the important document I am looking for is the marriage certificate for his parents; Paolo Gandolfo and Mattea Verdi.
I have Mattea’s death certificate from 1833 and the location is Via Scopara and a marriage for one of Paolo and Mattea’s child in 1842 the location is Via Spadaro which I think are both in Santa Agata.
In addition the information you gave me where Via Cattolica might be Alessandro Paternostro is further proof that the family is from Santa Agata. The marriage for Paolo and Mattea is about 1810 but I’m having great difficulties finding Churches that existed back then.
Any thoughts?
Many thanks,
Chris
Thanks for all the information you have given me.
I feel that looking for the baptism of Antonino would be a challenge but I will work on that but the important document I am looking for is the marriage certificate for his parents; Paolo Gandolfo and Mattea Verdi.
I have Mattea’s death certificate from 1833 and the location is Via Scopara and a marriage for one of Paolo and Mattea’s child in 1842 the location is Via Spadaro which I think are both in Santa Agata.
In addition the information you gave me where Via Cattolica might be Alessandro Paternostro is further proof that the family is from Santa Agata. The marriage for Paolo and Mattea is about 1810 but I’m having great difficulties finding Churches that existed back then.
Any thoughts?
Many thanks,
Chris
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Hello Sabino,
Attached is the death for Mattea Verdi from 1833.
Hope you see something I didn't.
Chris
Attached is the death for Mattea Verdi from 1833.
Hope you see something I didn't.
Chris
- Attachments
-
- Mattea Verdi death 1833 #2.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 3551 times
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Hello Sabibo,
I'm fairly confident that Mattea LoVerdi is the same as Mattea Verdi. I have other documents for her and the name goes both ways.
Looking at the Palermo map I noticed San Francesco d'Assisi Church by Via Alessandro Paternostro.
Chris
I'm fairly confident that Mattea LoVerdi is the same as Mattea Verdi. I have other documents for her and the name goes both ways.
Looking at the Palermo map I noticed San Francesco d'Assisi Church by Via Alessandro Paternostro.
Chris
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Thanks Sabino,
It's good to know that San Francesco d’Assisi is not a parish. I'll look for other churches in the area.
Any thoughts?
Chris
It's good to know that San Francesco d’Assisi is not a parish. I'll look for other churches in the area.
Any thoughts?
Chris
Re: Street in the city of Palermo
Thanks again for the information Sabino. Adelfio and I have exchanged a couple of emails with good results. We found out that the records for San Nicolò la Kalsa are at S. Maria della Pietà. Adelfio originally thought they were at Chiesa S. Maria della Catena but I verified with the museum they are at S. Maria della Pietà.
Thanks again.
Chris
Thanks again.
Chris
