Any information on Sordina, the hamlet in Salerno, Italy? I believe my ancestors came from there. Fortunato Autuori and Josephine Galdi (Fortunato's wife) lived there before they came over. Is anyone on here have relatives with these surnames or know about Sordina at all?
Thanks very much.
-Joe
Sordina (small hamlet in Salerno, Italy) (Autuori/Galdi)
Re: Sordina (small hamlet in Salerno, Italy) (Autuori/Galdi)
Any help?
I'm pretty sure the hamlet or village was Sordina. (Sordino?) I believe my great-great grandmother Josephine had a brother Gabriele Galdi who remained in Italy with his wife and children. Josephine and Gabriele's father may have been named Gaetano Galdi, although I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure the hamlet or village was Sordina. (Sordino?) I believe my great-great grandmother Josephine had a brother Gabriele Galdi who remained in Italy with his wife and children. Josephine and Gabriele's father may have been named Gaetano Galdi, although I'm not sure.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Sordina (small hamlet in Salerno, Italy) (Autuori/Galdi)
http://italia.indettaglio.it/ita/campan ... rdina.html
not much about this small hamlet I'm afraid.
www.paginebianche.it will let you search the Italian white pages.
Good luck.
You might want to read my piece on Finding living relatives on my blog.
not much about this small hamlet I'm afraid.
www.paginebianche.it will let you search the Italian white pages.
Good luck.
You might want to read my piece on Finding living relatives on my blog.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
