Battipaglia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
Posts: 1363
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

Battipaglia

Post by dmt1955 »

I am assisting friends in their search for ancestors, who are from Battipaglia & Eboli, in Salerno province.

Familysearch.org does not have microfilms for either town or are either listed in the Salerno films.

I am wondering if either town was renamed as many others were in the country.

Thanks,
Donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Battipaglia

Post by erudita74 »

dmt1955 wrote:I am assisting friends in their search for ancestors, who are from Battipaglia & Eboli, in Salerno province.

Familysearch.org does not have microfilms for either town or are either listed in the Salerno films.

I am wondering if either town was renamed as many others were in the country.

Thanks,
Donna

Donna
This is really not going to help you, but I found that Battipaglia became an autonomous town by Royal Decree on March 28, 1928 from parts of the towns of Eboli and Montecorvino Rovella. No microfilm for the latter either, I'm sorry to say.
Erudita
User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
Posts: 1363
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Battipaglia

Post by dmt1955 »

thanks for the info....i will pass it along,.

Donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Battipaglia

Post by erudita74 »

dmt1955 wrote:thanks for the info....i will pass it along,.

Donna

You're welcome, Donna.
Erudita
Post Reply