After my great great grandfather Joachim Conti (DOB approx. 1974) died in Dec 29, 1931 in Gettysburg Pa. papers were sent to the Italian and French consulates in Philadelphia, PA. Why would they have done this. I saw a paper that said a letter was sent to these 2 consulates. I did not make a copy of this statement but will do so in the future. In the Gettysburg Times it states that he was naturalized in 1920. I have not been able to find the nat. papers though. The 1930 census states he was NA. and his wife and son as well.
Joachim/Gioacchino Conti came to the USA from La Havre France in 1905, 1910 and finally in 1912 to live. His family joined him 2 mo. later in 1912. Louise(wife), Andre(son) and Liliy(daughter) was born here in Jan. 1913.
Thank you for any help you may have!
