I am looking for information about my Great Grandfather who immigrated to the US about 1894, His name was Raffaello Coppola and he was from Nocera Inferiore. How do I start the process?
Rick Filippone
Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Welcome to IG website
Whats his birth year?
Where in the US did he settle?
Wifes name?
Marty
Whats his birth year?
Where in the US did he settle?
Wifes name?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Marty---
Thank you for your response. I will get the answers to those questions soon
Newark NJ is where he settled.
Thank you for your response. I will get the answers to those questions soon
Newark NJ is where he settled.
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Could this be your GGF?
World War I Alien Registration Card
Raffaele Coppola residing at 30 Calumet in Newark, NJ
Wife is Lucia/Lucy
He was born in Italy (city not specified) on 30 January 1876
Worked in Dept. of Public Improvements for the City of Newark.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530
T.
World War I Alien Registration Card
Raffaele Coppola residing at 30 Calumet in Newark, NJ
Wife is Lucia/Lucy
He was born in Italy (city not specified) on 30 January 1876
Worked in Dept. of Public Improvements for the City of Newark.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530
T.
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Hi T
If that is the right World War I Registration Card info here is:
Nome: Raffaele Coppola
Classe nascita: 1876
Comune di nascita: Nocera Inferiore
Full text: Coppola Raffaele di Vincenzo e Di Crescenzo Domenica nato il 01/30/1876 a Nocera Inferiore di professione Contadino
Marty
If that is the right World War I Registration Card info here is:
Nome: Raffaele Coppola
Classe nascita: 1876
Comune di nascita: Nocera Inferiore
Full text: Coppola Raffaele di Vincenzo e Di Crescenzo Domenica nato il 01/30/1876 a Nocera Inferiore di professione Contadino
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Hi Marty 
Let's hope the poster gets back to us about whether we have the correct Raffaele!
I have not found an arrival yet, but according to the poster it was about 1894 which would put the above Raffaele at about age 18.
T.
Let's hope the poster gets back to us about whether we have the correct Raffaele!
I have not found an arrival yet, but according to the poster it was about 1894 which would put the above Raffaele at about age 18.
T.
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
You may also want to search in Lettere, Italy. Nocera Inferiore is not that far from Lettere. The Coppolas are an old family from Lettere.
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
I will check Lettere, Italy. Thank you. Let me know if you have any more information. Rickey Coppola Filipppne
Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
INDEX#50
Birth record of Raffaele Coppola son of Vincenzo Coppola and Domenica Di Crescenzo birth 01/30/1876 in Nocera Inferiore di profession farmer sidenote he married Lucia Benigno 4/9/1907
PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Marty
Birth record of Raffaele Coppola son of Vincenzo Coppola and Domenica Di Crescenzo birth 01/30/1876 in Nocera Inferiore di profession farmer sidenote he married Lucia Benigno 4/9/1907
PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty


