Im looking for my 2x great grandmother's birth certificate, and I have the link to the list of certificates, but I can't read the handwriting to find the year I am looking for. Her name was Filomena DiGianni, daughter of Angela Macchia and Joseph DiGianni, born in 1891 in Sant'Angelo Lombardi, Avellino. If anyone can tell me what page starts 1891, I would really appreciate it.. I think it starts in the 1400's but I can't tell for sure. Thanks!
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043434
Help with distinguishing a birth year.
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
You are correct, the 1891 records are in the 1400s... they begin at 1394 and the index at the end can be found at 1507.
I checked the index for the births in 1891 and the only Di Gianni is Alessandro.
I will check the years before and after for your GGgrandmother
EDIT***
I did not find her in the 1890, 1892 or 1893 indices.
T.
I checked the index for the births in 1891 and the only Di Gianni is Alessandro.
I will check the years before and after for your GGgrandmother
EDIT***
I did not find her in the 1890, 1892 or 1893 indices.
T.
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
Thank you! I was able to find her sister Antonia on page 914.
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
Great!Boberek18 wrote:Thank you! I was able to find her sister Antonia on page 914.
Did you find Filomena? She may not have been in the indices...
T.
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
No I didn't.. the only legitimate proof that I have of her birth year is on her gravestone (1891). But I have her brother's draft cards which both say he was born in February 1892.. which doesn't really give her mother much time between giving birth in 1891 to conceiving another child within at most 5 months...I'm going to go through the list again, just in case I missed something.. Thanks so much with the help you've given! 
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
While researching my family I learned a lot... Originally my great great grandmother was thought to be born in 1854 (according to the tombstone) but when I finally found her birth information she was actually born in 1858!!Boberek18 wrote:No I didn't.. the only legitimate proof that I have of her birth year is on her gravestone (1891). But I have her brother's draft cards which both say he was born in February 1892.. which doesn't really give her mother much time between giving birth in 1891 to conceiving another child within at most 5 months...I'm going to go through the list again, just in case I missed something.. Thanks so much with the help you've given!
I have since learned your gut feeling will be more accurate than some of the pieces of information you have. I believe your hunch is probably right.
James

