Hello,
There is a town and street called Calvano. There is also a Monte Calvano in Tuscany. I was just wondering if anyone knows the history of this town and how it got the name and what it means? Also is it in any way related to Monte Calvano? I do know that Monte Calvano was a route taken by St. Francis, but I really can't find any history of the mountain itself. I only ask these ridiculous question because my last name is Calvano. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
thank you,
Linda
Calvano, Province of Benevento
Re: Calvano, Province of Benevento
Hi,
from what I read, means: barren, devoid of vegetation, deforested, referring to the latin word "calvus" meaning bald.
This is a first explanation, but also the second explanation is hooked at first, because it is thought to be linked to the medieval name "Calvanus" ... and I believe had same meaning...
http://www.comunedibonito.it/portale/wp ... Testo_.pdf
suanj
from what I read, means: barren, devoid of vegetation, deforested, referring to the latin word "calvus" meaning bald.
This is a first explanation, but also the second explanation is hooked at first, because it is thought to be linked to the medieval name "Calvanus" ... and I believe had same meaning...
http://www.comunedibonito.it/portale/wp ... Testo_.pdf
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Calvano, Province of Benevento
Suanj,
Thank you very much for your response.
Linda
Thank you very much for your response.
Linda
Re: Calvano, Province of Benevento
Happy to help you!
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

