I'm looking to find out the name of a Bronx newspaper in 1949. The name starts with " The H....." There's a pic of my grandparents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary inside the first or last page of this paper.
The VOL. is XLI, NO. 24 and it's a second edition.
Can anyone give me some pointers as how to find this genealogy gem??
Thanks Roberta
Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
I'd reach out to the NY public library system, there's a good chance they'd have it on microfilm. If they can determine the full name of the newspaper, that is.
https://www.nypl.org/about/divisions/ge ... microforms
It sounds like you already have a copy of the clipping? Can you post a pic, if so?
https://www.nypl.org/about/divisions/ge ... microforms
It sounds like you already have a copy of the clipping? Can you post a pic, if so?
Surnames of interest:
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Possibly The Home News, also called The Bronx Home News?
http://archives.nypl.org/mss/401
Another possibility... The Herald Tribune.
T.
http://archives.nypl.org/mss/401
Another possibility... The Herald Tribune.
T.
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Thanks for this info.
I tried to post the clip but the file is too large. Roberta
I tried to post the clip but the file is too large. Roberta
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Try using www.postimage.orgroobyred wrote: 09 Mar 2017, 18:40 Thanks for this info.
I tried to post the clip but the file is too large. Roberta
Copy and paste the "Direct Link URL"
Can you give us the names EXACTLY as they are written in the clip?
T.
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Mr. and Mrs. Constantino Morreale, 2229 Adams Place.
I'm trying your link "postimage.org". Thank you!
Roberta
I'm trying your link "postimage.org". Thank you!
Roberta
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
This is the error msg I got...
Roberta
This is the error msg I got...
Roberta
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
Try first option:
Link: https://postimg.org/image/xxxxxxxx/
Link: https://postimg.org/image/xxxxxxxx/
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
not successful.
will try again tomorrow.
Re: Bronx NY newspapers circa 1949
If you still have difficulty, you can PM me the image and I can try uploading it for you.
T.
T.


