moving to naples
moving to naples
I would like to rent an unfurnished apartment in naples, near the us naval base. I am a dual national. This looks daunting as these apartments don't even have fridges or stoves. Any tips on how to do this?
Re: moving to naples
Have you tried subito.it?
A friend of mine had luck in Naples searching that site.
A friend of mine had luck in Naples searching that site.
Re: moving to naples
thank you
Re: moving to naples
how do I get a identity card and a health insurance card. I think I will rent a furnished apartment so I won't have a lease or utility bills.
Re: moving to naples
You won't be able to get a carta d'identita without a lease or some other proof of where you are living in Naples. And you can't get a health insurance card without the ID card.
Re: moving to naples
Corrado,
I just arrived in Italy in January so this is fresh in my memory.
I went to the town hall with my landlord and he verified that I lived in his apartment.
I didn't have a formal lease at the time. I was a resident in a matter of hours.
This is a very small town so it was probably easier than a large city, like Naples, and my landlord is also a local policeman.
For health insurance, I did need proof of identity but a passport sufficed for my children as I have my carta d'identità . But I did need a Stato di Famiglia, which states ones address.
James
I just arrived in Italy in January so this is fresh in my memory.
I went to the town hall with my landlord and he verified that I lived in his apartment.
I didn't have a formal lease at the time. I was a resident in a matter of hours.
This is a very small town so it was probably easier than a large city, like Naples, and my landlord is also a local policeman.
For health insurance, I did need proof of identity but a passport sufficed for my children as I have my carta d'identità . But I did need a Stato di Famiglia, which states ones address.
James
Re: moving to naples
Thank you James and Jennabet. If I get a monthly furnished apartment I guess I will have some kind of receipt I can take to the police. I will have a job. So the first step is the ID card. I have a Italian passport. The firm I am working for will not get papers for the employees so that EU citizenship is required. Well if did all that stuff to get the citizenship, this seems like small problem.
Re: moving to naples
You won't have any problems getting exactly what you need in Italy as long as you come with your Italian passport. It might also be a good idea to bring any documents you received from your consulate and your ancestral commune but not absolutely necessary. If you do have something from your home commune, it can help speed up your residency because the new commune won't have to check with them.

