Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
I would be very appreciative if someone would be able to translate my great grandmother's birth certificate from Italian to English. I have the document in a pdf and can send. So very grateful to those in Genoa, Italy whom were able to find and e-mail me the certificate.
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
If you still need help in translation, please post the certificate.
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
Thank you so very much. I was able to translate most of the document but am still having a hard time with some portions. I am attaching the document. I specifically am trying to translate the midwives name and also to determine the lower portion of the birth registration for my great grandmother Maria Margherita Loreni. Family history is that she was an orphan. This registration reflects that a midwife presented her for birth registration and the mother wished to not be known. What I can't figure out is the bottom of the registration, does it indicate if she was placed at an orphanage or with another family to be raised?
Thank you so much, I am grateful for anyone that can be of help. I have worked so very hard to obtain this document and hope that perhaps there is a baptismal record too I may be able to locate.
Thank you,
Amy
Thank you so much, I am grateful for anyone that can be of help. I have worked so very hard to obtain this document and hope that perhaps there is a baptismal record too I may be able to locate.
Thank you,
Amy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
She signed the birth act as Maria Causa the writing says the birth act was read and presented to the witnesses and signed no mention of orphanage or where she was sent
Did she marry in Italy perhaps her parents recognized her before she married
Marty
Did she marry in Italy perhaps her parents recognized her before she married
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
There are many articles on my website that may help you understand what happened to her.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
Marty:adelfio wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 18:59 She signed the birth act as Maria Causa the writing says the birth act was read and presented to the witnesses and signed no mention of orphanage or where she was sent
Did she marry in Italy perhaps her parents recognized her before she married
Marty
No my grandmother did not marry in Italy, she immigrated to the U.S in early 1900's and married in the U.S. So from what you translate from the registration record, there is not mention of father or mother's name correct? It appears there is something at the bottom of the registration regarding cancellation??
Thanks so much,
Amy
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
Cancel line 17 on the record were its pencil in the birth act
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Translation of Italian Birth Registration please
Literally it states that the cancellation of 17 words was approved. They just happen to be on the line to which Marty has referred in his reply.
Erudita
Erudita
