Lemie Italy...Baietto or Bajetto family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
vbaietto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Mar 2017, 01:17

Lemie Italy...Baietto or Bajetto family

Post by vbaietto »

I'm helping my husband and his family research the Baietto family tree. We were able to travel to Lemie Italy and see area where my husbands great grandfather came from before immigrating to the US. We spoke to other Baietto's in Lemie and I am trying to connect how we are all related. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can find records of birth or death in Lemie to see if the men I believe to be brothers are definitely brothers. I took photos of 2 grave stones in Lemie I believe are my husbands great grandfather's brothers. But I need to prove it. Thanks in advance!!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Lemie Italy...Baietto or Bajetto family

Post by Tessa78 »

There are microfilms of the civil registrations (births, marriages, deaths) for the Comune of Lemie in Province of Torino, that you can rent and view at your nearest LDS Family History Center. Currently online records that I know of are available for 1804-1807.

Here is the list of microfilms available.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

The records are all in Italian, but if you look at the names as you search the documents, and save the image, you can post it here at the forum and someone will translate for you.

If you know the DOB and DOD for GGF and potential brothers, that makes it easier, and you just have to see if they share the same parents :-)

Link to those earlier online records
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+e+Morti/

T.
Post Reply