Does anyone have any information about annulled records? I am having the HARDEST time finding any information about my great-grandmother, Maddalena Sandomenico of Sarno, Italy.
Apparently the parents of Maddalena (names unknown) came from two different classes, so their parents didn't approve of their marriage. Supposedly their parents got the marriage annulled, leaving my great-grandmother Maddalena a "bastard" child. If they got the marriage records annulled, is there a chance her birth records would have been deleted as well? I can't find any information on the names of her parents, or any record of her existence in Italy. I found her passenger record to America and a census of her in NJ, both records estimating her birth year to be 1867 and born in Sarno.
I recently contacted the Province of Salerno and the Comune di Sarno to request any sort of record of her but they responded saying: "In riferimento all'oggetto si comunica che da ricerche effettuate non risulta allo stato nessuna Maddalena Sandomenico NATO NEL 1867 o 1868 e vissuta a Pagani."
Any advice on where to go from here? There are records of SOME Sandomenico relatives in Sarno but I have no clue how they might be related.

