Hi,
I am writing a reply email to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile in Bagheria and was wondering if the following message could be translated into Italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Tyler Radtke
"I am replying to an email that I received from your office on 1 August 2017. I mailed a letter requesting the marriage records of my ancestors on 11 May 2017 but did not receive any documents in the mail. As asked, I have waited a little longer but have still not received any certificates. If possible, I was wondering if your office would be able to resend the certificates. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be done. My email address is skooter111996@gmail.com if it would be easier to send the documents electronically.
Thank you for your time,
Tyler Radtke"
Translation Help
Re: Translation Help
I translated, but I don't understand if they asked you to wait longer in their email?
It would be useful if you could post the text of their email.
Buongiorno,
rispondo ad un email che ho ricevuto dal Vostro Ufficio il 1° agosto 2017. Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo le registrazioni di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati l'11 maggio 2017, ma non ho ricevuto alcun documento in allegato all'email. Come richiesto, ho atteso ulteriormente, ma ancora non ho ricevuto alcun certificato. Se poteste inviare nuovamente i certificati, ciò mi sarebbe infinitamente gradito. Il mio indirizzo email è ......... , se fosse più facile inviare i documenti in formato elettronico.
Molte grazie per l'aiuto.
It would be useful if you could post the text of their email.
Buongiorno,
rispondo ad un email che ho ricevuto dal Vostro Ufficio il 1° agosto 2017. Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo le registrazioni di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati l'11 maggio 2017, ma non ho ricevuto alcun documento in allegato all'email. Come richiesto, ho atteso ulteriormente, ma ancora non ho ricevuto alcun certificato. Se poteste inviare nuovamente i certificati, ciò mi sarebbe infinitamente gradito. Il mio indirizzo email è ......... , se fosse più facile inviare i documenti in formato elettronico.
Molte grazie per l'aiuto.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
skooter555
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 23:49
Re: Translation Help
Hi PippoM,
Thank you very much for the translation. I sent the following email a month ago to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile in Bagheria:
"Egregi Signori,
Allego a questa email una copia della mia lettera precedente inviatavi l'11 maggio 2017. Non avendo avuto risposta entro i 30 giorni, temo che tale lettera possa essere andata persa. Desidererei ricevere una risposta non appena vi sarà possibile.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
Tyler Radtke"
The reply email that I received was:
"Buongiorno ,le comunico che i suoi certificati sono stati spediti il 09/06/2017,la sua posta non e' andata persa,aspetti ancora un po',se non dovesse riceverli mi riscriva."
From what I can make out through the use of Google Translate, they are saying that they snail mailed the certificates on June 9th, that the request I mailed on May 11 was not lost, and that I should wait a little longer and rewrite them if I still have not received the certificates in the mail.
One additional question that I have is could the phrase "Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo l'estratto completo dello atti di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati..." be substituted for "Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo le registrazioni di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati..." and still make sense?
Thanks again,
Tyler Radtke
Thank you very much for the translation. I sent the following email a month ago to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile in Bagheria:
"Egregi Signori,
Allego a questa email una copia della mia lettera precedente inviatavi l'11 maggio 2017. Non avendo avuto risposta entro i 30 giorni, temo che tale lettera possa essere andata persa. Desidererei ricevere una risposta non appena vi sarà possibile.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
Tyler Radtke"
The reply email that I received was:
"Buongiorno ,le comunico che i suoi certificati sono stati spediti il 09/06/2017,la sua posta non e' andata persa,aspetti ancora un po',se non dovesse riceverli mi riscriva."
From what I can make out through the use of Google Translate, they are saying that they snail mailed the certificates on June 9th, that the request I mailed on May 11 was not lost, and that I should wait a little longer and rewrite them if I still have not received the certificates in the mail.
One additional question that I have is could the phrase "Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo l'estratto completo dello atti di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati..." be substituted for "Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo le registrazioni di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati..." and still make sense?
Thanks again,
Tyler Radtke
Re: Translation Help
So, I'd say:
PippoM wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 11:01
Buongiorno,
rispondo ad un email che ho ricevuto dal Vostro Ufficio il 1° agosto 2017. Avevo inviato una lettera richiedendo gli estratti integrali di matrimonio di alcuni miei antenati l'11 maggio 2017, ma non ho ricevuto alcun documento in allegato all'email. Come da Voi richiesto, ho atteso ulteriormente, ma ancora non ho ricevuto il plico da Voi inviato il 9/6 per posta ordinaria. Se poteste inviare nuovamente i certificati, ciò mi sarebbe infinitamente gradito. Il mio indirizzo email è ......... , se fosse più facile inviare i documenti in formato elettronico.
Molte grazie per l'aiuto.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
skooter555
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 23:49
Re: Translation Help
Hi PippoM,
Thank you again for your help. I greatly appreciate it.
Tyler
Thank you again for your help. I greatly appreciate it.
Tyler
Re: Translation Help
You're welcome, Tyler!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
