Adoption Record - where do I start?
Adoption Record - where do I start?
Hello,
I would like to obtain a copy of my grandfathers adoption record in the hope of possibly finding his birth record. He was born about 1895. I am assuming it was near Venice as he grew up in Silea.
He had always told my mother that his biggest regret was not being able to find his birth family. My mother who is now in her mid 80’s has now begged me to to try and find his biological family. All that is know is he was abandoned and left at a convent.
I have no idea where to start, and to make things worse have no Italian language skills.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Marie.
I would like to obtain a copy of my grandfathers adoption record in the hope of possibly finding his birth record. He was born about 1895. I am assuming it was near Venice as he grew up in Silea.
He had always told my mother that his biggest regret was not being able to find his birth family. My mother who is now in her mid 80’s has now begged me to to try and find his biological family. All that is know is he was abandoned and left at a convent.
I have no idea where to start, and to make things worse have no Italian language skills.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Marie.
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Welcome to IG website
Where was Luigi Paro married and to whom?
Marty
Where was Luigi Paro married and to whom?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Hi Marty,
It is actually Serse Cornace I am looking for. He was married to Adele Biral.
Marie
It is actually Serse Cornace I am looking for. He was married to Adele Biral.
Marie
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Still looking for military info on Luigi.
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
oharasml wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 02:20 Hi Marty,
It is actually Serse Cornace I am looking for. He was married to Adele Biral.
Marie
There is currently a listing of a "Serse Cornace" in the Italian phone book in Silea, Treviso.
http://www.paginebianche.it/page?btt=1& ... Silea&ind=
Perhaps you would like to write to this potential relative and inquire.
Help with letters in Italian...
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... etter.html
T.
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Birth of Italo Vittorio Carlo Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma (now Silea), Treviso province. August 16, 1821.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/jcggw5wlr/recor ... 8-7_G3.jpg
Serse was 34 yo (born ~1887).
Side note: Italo married Giulia Oran on June 13, 1953 in Venezia (act #472, part II, series a)
Birth of Italo Olivo Albino Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma. Novembert 25, 1823.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/3zwq25sb3/recor ... 8-_WW9.jpg
Serse was 36 yo
Side note: Olivo married Olga Paro (daughter of Luigi) on July 21, 1956 in Silea (act #26, part II, series a)
When and where did Serse Cornace get married to Adele Biral?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/jcggw5wlr/recor ... 8-7_G3.jpg
Serse was 34 yo (born ~1887).
Side note: Italo married Giulia Oran on June 13, 1953 in Venezia (act #472, part II, series a)
Birth of Italo Olivo Albino Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma. Novembert 25, 1823.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/3zwq25sb3/recor ... 8-_WW9.jpg
Serse was 36 yo
Side note: Olivo married Olga Paro (daughter of Luigi) on July 21, 1956 in Silea (act #26, part II, series a)
When and where did Serse Cornace get married to Adele Biral?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
***mmogno wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 17:37 Birth of Italo Vittorio Carlo Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma (now Silea), Treviso province. August 16, 1921.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/jcggw5wlr/recor ... 8-7_G3.jpg
Serse was 34 yo (born ~1887).
Side note: Italo married Giulia Oran on June 13, 1953 in Venezia (act #472, part II, series a)
Birth of Italo Olivo Albino Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma. Novembert 25, 1923.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/3zwq25sb3/recor ... 8-_WW9.jpg
Serse was 36 yo
Side note: Olivo married Olga Paro (daughter of Luigi) on July 21, 1956 in Silea (act #26, part II, series a)
When and where did Serse Cornace get married to Adele Biral?
Just correcting mmogno's typo in the birth years (1921 and 1923 instead of 1821 and 1823) above
***
EDIT TO ADD***
Here is the marriage act in 1912 of Serse Cornace and Adele Biral.
Parents are listed as "Ignoto/Ignota" BUT... it does list his birthplace as Conegliano
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947831
T.
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
I have spoken to Serse and he was not able to provide any additional information. Excited to actually see the marriage record. Thanks TTessa78 wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 16:33oharasml wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 02:20 Hi Marty,
It is actually Serse Cornace I am looking for. He was married to Adele Biral.
Marie
There is currently a listing of a "Serse Cornace" in the Italian phone book in Silea, Treviso.
http://www.paginebianche.it/page?btt=1& ... Silea&ind=
Perhaps you would like to write to this potential relative and inquire.
Help with letters in Italian...
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... etter.html
T.
Marie
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Thank you for this wonderful information. I never knew my father had a middle name. (The second link against both records did not work)mmogno wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 17:37 Birth of Italo Vittorio Carlo Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma (now Silea), Treviso province. August 16, 1821.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/jcggw5wlr/recor ... 8-7_G3.jpg
Serse was 34 yo (born ~1887).
Side note: Italo married Giulia Oran on June 13, 1953 in Venezia (act #472, part II, series a)
Birth of Italo Olivo Albino Cornace, son of Serse and Adele Biral, in Melma. Novembert 25, 1823.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1932147
https://s25.postimg.org/3zwq25sb3/recor ... 8-_WW9.jpg
Serse was 36 yo
Side note: Olivo married Olga Paro (daughter of Luigi) on July 21, 1956 in Silea (act #26, part II, series a)
When and where did Serse Cornace get married to Adele Biral?
I would still like to be able to find the adoption record, if it is possible.
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
If the marriage record does not list his parents, does this mean he was never adopted?
Re: Adoption Record - where do I start?
Hard to say. If you write to the comune, request the Allegati (attachments file) of the marriage. MAYBE there will be some documentation in there.
At this link you will find the City Hall mailing address AND city hall email link for the Comune of Silea.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/026/081/
And this is for Comune of Conegliano
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/026/021/index.html
Good luck!
T.
At this link you will find the City Hall mailing address AND city hall email link for the Comune of Silea.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/026/081/
And this is for Comune of Conegliano
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/026/021/index.html
Good luck!
T.

