Am I eligible for dual citizenship???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mbalesteri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:48

Am I eligible for dual citizenship???

Post by mbalesteri »

Ciao,

I'm pretty sure I have this right but would like some confirmation. I'll be going the route of GGF - GF - F

GGF and GGM were both Italian born in the 1890's and came over around 1905-1915
GF was born in the U.S. 1922
GGF became a citizen after my GF's birth, I think it was in the 1940's. Waiting for a USCIS index search and SS-5.
GF, Father, nor myself have ever renounced.

Please let me know if I missed any details needed, or think I have a problem anywhere.

I need to locate a couple of documents, get Apostilles and translations, and live in the jurisdiction of the San Francisco consulate (that sounds very difficult to get appointments). So I'm trying to do what I can to streamline this and maybe apply now if the thought is I'm good.

Thank you,

Max
Post Reply