How big of a problem is misspelling on a naturalization document for Jure Sanguinis?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mbalesteri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:48

How big of a problem is misspelling on a naturalization document for Jure Sanguinis?

Post by mbalesteri »

Ciao,

I'm waiting for an index search to get copies of my G-GF naturalization document, but believe I found it online and there might be a problem. The issue is the online document says he changed his name as part of this and the "original" spelling is not as I have found it in birth records. The birth document has the last name as Balistreri and the naturalization document I found has it as Balistieri. Does anyone know if this can be corrected, or if I shouldn't even worry about it?

I'm most likely going to be going to the San Francisco Consulate, but am happy to hear about an experience with something like this.

Thanks,
Max
Post Reply