Trouble Finding Any Information for 10 years

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
jbdhayes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 04:23

Trouble Finding Any Information for 10 years

Post by jbdhayes »

My great grandfather's name was Ottone Sasso born Feb 12, 1889 in Ariano di Puglia.
He reportedly had a brother (Carlo Carmine Sasso b July 16,1893), and 3 sisters (Angelina Sasso Ciasulli b 1877, Antonia Sasso, and Pasqualina Sasso maybe married to a D'Alessandro).
My great grandmother was Angelina Ferrara born Jan 11, 1891. She married Ottone in 1912. I know her father's name was Francesco Ferrara due to her obituary. She reportedly had a sister (Elvira Ferrara Dotolo Feb 24, 1896) and a brother (Gaetano Ferrara).
I, for the life of me, can't find any information about Francesco Ferrara to confirm or any information beyond my great grandfather Ottone. I can't ask my relatives because I don't know them due to my grandmother and grandfather being disowned. I've tried searching the collections on familysearch and nothing.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Trouble Finding Any Information for 10 years

Post by PippoM »

Do you mean you could not find the town, or the registers?
They are available, for years you're interested in, too, but only at Family Search Centers, or on film:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

In this latter case, you'll have to wait until films are digitized, as thay can't be rent any more.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
mckeanrc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 05:28

Re: Trouble Finding Any Information for 10 years

Post by mckeanrc »

There are people in Utah who will view films in SLC for you since they can't be ordered. They charge a small fee for their services. Send me a private message if you would like more information on doing this. I will try to find the site that will connect you with such persons. I saw the site a few years ago, but didn't need it.
Post Reply