Help with identification/translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

I am attaching 2 different birth records, and I apologize in advance that they are not "linked' as I downloaded them from the family history center.
The first is the birth record for Giuseppe Sgroi, born 1888? son of Antonino LoCicero and Giuseppe Sgroi
it states in the record that he was married to Rosa Sgroi not sure the year/date of the marriage but it looks like the person that signed on the bottom was from Oct , 31, 1919?

The second is the birth record for Rosa Sgroi, born 1892 daughter of Salvatore Sgroi and Carmela LoCicero.
It states she was married to Giuseppe Sgroi....

I am trying to verify the parents, perhaps the ages of the parents, and who the grandparents were, and also trying to see if the Rosa listed in Giuseppe' birth record is the Same as the Rosa listed in the birth record?

Thanks for your help..... :D
Attachments
Guiseppe Sgroi birth 1888 son of Giuseppe Sgroi 1857 and Antonina LoCiero 1856 husb to Rosa Sgroi 1892.jpg
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Rosa Sgroi birth record
Attachments
Rosa Sgroi birth record 1892 daughter of Salvatore Sgroi and Carmela Lo Cicero and possible marriage record .jpg
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Thanks, how did you find it so quickly?
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe the marriage date is 24 May 1912
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

That could be it, as that would make Rosa 20 years old at the time of marriage. Can you or anyone verify if the two people in the above birth records are the two getting married to each other?
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by liviomoreno »

poliquie wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 05:25 That could be it, as that would make Rosa 20 years old at the time of marriage. Can you or anyone verify if the two people in the above birth records are the two getting married to each other?
yes they are
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Thank you! I suspected they were but now I have the proof. Can you tell me who the parents are that are listed....
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Meaning... Did I list them correctly above?
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by liviomoreno »

Giuseppe was the son of Giuseppe 38yo and Antonina Lo Cicero
Rosa was the daughter of Salvatore 41yo and Carmela Lo Cicero

"Lo Cicero" : 2 words
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Thank you! this is a big help to uncovering the multiple cousin marriages in my family!
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Can anyone tell me the exact Date of birth for Giuseppe? I have Rosa' date of birth as June 28, 1892.

thanks again!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

poliquie wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 11:32 Can anyone tell me the exact Date of birth for Giuseppe? I have Rosa' date of birth as June 28, 1892.

thanks again!
Giuseppe was born on 9 February 1888
Rosa was born on 27 June 1892

Angela
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Is it Feb 14, 1888? Because that is what I have for his DOB on his Naturalization paperwork
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by poliquie »

Okay, we crossed paths.... That was close enough. I had Rosa DOB a day different, and on the naturalization paperwork it said June 24.... But as I have found, the DOB are very loosely related at times
Post Reply