Hello!
I received the attached documents from the "Comune of Besozzo" after I requested birth certificates for my grandparents, Carl and Rose (Beverina) Furiga.
However, I think they sent me a marriage certificate and a birth certificate instead. I'm not 100% sure, though!
I've attached the original pdf that they sent me.
If anyone could assist me in translating these documents, I would be so grateful!
Thank you in advance,
Roseanne Furiga
Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
- verronicka
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 13:48
Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
- Attachments
-
furiga marriage.pdf- (600.74 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Re: Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
The attached documents are the birth acts of Carlo Furiga and Rosa Lucia Beverina.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
Roseanne
These are both birth acts. Here's the first translation:
The first is for Carlo Furiga and is dated on Sept 26, 1898. Appearing at the town hall was Giulio Furiga, the son of deceased Innocente (Furiga), age 44, a peasant living in Olginasio (this is a hamlet or frazione of the town of Besozzo). He reported that at 6 P.M. on the 24th in Olginasio, at #14, his wife Maria Del Vitto, the daughter of Giulio (Del Vitto), who was living with him (her husband), gave birth to their son whom he was presenting and being named Carlo.
The notation in the margin indicates that he lost his Italian citizenship based on a transmission from the Italian consulate in Los Angeles, California on May 13, 1971. This info appears in the registers of citizens in this town (Olginasio) as atto #3 Part I 1971.
The second record is the birth of Rosa Lucia Beverina and is dated Sept 26, 1905. Appearing at the town hall was Alessandro Beverina, age 33, a weaver, living in Besozzo. He reported that at 12 P.M. on the 22nd, in the house at #29 via alla Motta, his wife, Maria Del Vitto, a peasant who was living with him, gave birth to their daughter, Rosa Lucia (Beverino).
The notation in the margin indicates that Rosa Lucia Beverina married Carlo Furiga in Besozzo on Feb 12, 1927.
Erudita
These are both birth acts. Here's the first translation:
The first is for Carlo Furiga and is dated on Sept 26, 1898. Appearing at the town hall was Giulio Furiga, the son of deceased Innocente (Furiga), age 44, a peasant living in Olginasio (this is a hamlet or frazione of the town of Besozzo). He reported that at 6 P.M. on the 24th in Olginasio, at #14, his wife Maria Del Vitto, the daughter of Giulio (Del Vitto), who was living with him (her husband), gave birth to their son whom he was presenting and being named Carlo.
The notation in the margin indicates that he lost his Italian citizenship based on a transmission from the Italian consulate in Los Angeles, California on May 13, 1971. This info appears in the registers of citizens in this town (Olginasio) as atto #3 Part I 1971.
The second record is the birth of Rosa Lucia Beverina and is dated Sept 26, 1905. Appearing at the town hall was Alessandro Beverina, age 33, a weaver, living in Besozzo. He reported that at 12 P.M. on the 22nd, in the house at #29 via alla Motta, his wife, Maria Del Vitto, a peasant who was living with him, gave birth to their daughter, Rosa Lucia (Beverino).
The notation in the margin indicates that Rosa Lucia Beverina married Carlo Furiga in Besozzo on Feb 12, 1927.
Erudita
- verronicka
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 13:48
Re: Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
I'm confused!
Is Maria Del Vitto the mother of Carlo AND Rosa?!
The first record lists Carlo's parents as Giulio Furiga and Maria Del Vitto.
The second lists Rosa's parents as Alessandro Beverina and Maria Del Vitto.
I apologize if I am being clueless!
Is Maria Del Vitto the mother of Carlo AND Rosa?!
The first record lists Carlo's parents as Giulio Furiga and Maria Del Vitto.
The second lists Rosa's parents as Alessandro Beverina and Maria Del Vitto.
I apologize if I am being clueless!
Re: Birth or marriage certificates?! Furiga/Beverina/DelVitto
Sorry for the confusion. Carlo's parents: Giulio Furiga (yes) and Maria Del Vitto (yes).
As to Rosa's parents: Alessandro Beverina (yes) and Maria Del VIt (the rest of the surname is cut off in the record that you were sent). If you look at the last word in each of the two lines above it, they are also missing end letters. I think that it was the way the document was scanned before it was sent to you.
I searched surnames in the town and Del Vitto appears to be the only one that starts the way it does in the record. So I’m inclined to believe that Del Vitto is correct for the Maria in the second record too. I suggest you double check with the town though.
Do I think the two Maria’s are the same person just because I believe their names are the same? No, I don’t. Maria was a common first name given to females, as it was given in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It was believed that a child with the name Maria would be under her protection. Maria was also a name given to males, but is usually found as a middle name. Also Del Vitto is a very common surname in the town, so everyone with it would not necessarily be related. It is, however, possible that going back several generations, these two woman shared a common ancestry. I have found this to be the case in my own ancestry and that of my husband's, but in the one case,I had to go back into the mid 1600s to prove this, and in the other, I had to go back into the early 1700s.
So please definitely double check with the town, since the surname is cut off in the record you were sent. And, I apologize for not previously explaining this.
Erudita
As to Rosa's parents: Alessandro Beverina (yes) and Maria Del VIt (the rest of the surname is cut off in the record that you were sent). If you look at the last word in each of the two lines above it, they are also missing end letters. I think that it was the way the document was scanned before it was sent to you.
I searched surnames in the town and Del Vitto appears to be the only one that starts the way it does in the record. So I’m inclined to believe that Del Vitto is correct for the Maria in the second record too. I suggest you double check with the town though.
Do I think the two Maria’s are the same person just because I believe their names are the same? No, I don’t. Maria was a common first name given to females, as it was given in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It was believed that a child with the name Maria would be under her protection. Maria was also a name given to males, but is usually found as a middle name. Also Del Vitto is a very common surname in the town, so everyone with it would not necessarily be related. It is, however, possible that going back several generations, these two woman shared a common ancestry. I have found this to be the case in my own ancestry and that of my husband's, but in the one case,I had to go back into the mid 1600s to prove this, and in the other, I had to go back into the early 1700s.
So please definitely double check with the town, since the surname is cut off in the record you were sent. And, I apologize for not previously explaining this.
Erudita
