Hello Everyone,
My name is Alexander Angeline, and I am applying for dual citizenship of Jure Sanguinis through my paternal great-grandfather.
If you have the time, it would be great to get some feedback on my application thus far. I have an appointment at the Philadelphia Consulate in August.
My line of application:
Alexander Sylvester (paternal great-grandfather) - Born March 29, 1888, or 1881, in Ascoli Piceno, Italy, died on August 7, 1956, in Wilmington, Delaware
Theresa Sylvester (paternal grandmother) - Born December 26, 1934, died on November 7, 2017, both in Wilmington, Delaware.
A. Angeline (father) - Born in 1964 - in Wilmington, Delaware
Alexander Angeline (myself) - Born 1994 in Wilmington, Delaware
I have some discrepancies that I am concerned about.
1. I have multiple documents on my great-grandfather, specifically, documents linking him to Delaware and my family, however, I have found his name is spelled differently (6) times. I have been able to link the names together, but also the birthdate is usually off by one year or so, 1880 or 1881.
Alexander Sylvester (name on death cert.)
Alessandro/Alexander Silvestri (name on italian birth cert.)
Alessandro/Alexander Sylvestri
Alessandro/Alexander Sylvester
Alessandro/Alexander Silvester
Alessandro/Alexander Silvestro
2. I never found a permanent resident card or passport, but I did find the deed of the house where both my Alexander Sylvester and my great-grandmother Eduarda, lived and raised my grandmother.
3. I've acquired the Italian birth certificate from Folignano, Ascoli Piceno, Italy, however it his original birth date is stated as March 09 1880, which is different from all of the other US documents that I have collected (they all say March 29, 1880, or 1881) So the date is 9 days off, however, this could be a mistake being that he could not read or write?
4. I've acquired two Certificates of Nonexistence of Record from both NARA and USCIS, with the multiple name variations of my great-grandfather, and they both found nothing. I am hoping this will suffice for the question of whether he ever naturalized or not.
5. On his Delaware certified death certificate, it states that he is a citizen of Italy at the time of his death, however, his birth date is incorrect, labeled 1879.
As you can see, there are some discrepancies with names, but I was able to link him from Ascoli Piceno, Italy to Delaware where he died. What do you think of the information I have provided? Do you think my argument is sufficient enough?
Thank you in advance for your time,
Best, Alexander
PS. I am happy to share copies of the records for those interested.
Jure Sanguinis - Document Check for Philadelphia Consulate
-
angelinealex
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 May 2018, 12:07