Pre-1948 qualifications

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Ameritalia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 May 2013, 02:13

Pre-1948 qualifications

Post by Ameritalia »

Do I qualify for citizenship pre-1948 through the following: GGF and GGM born/died in Italy -
GF and GM born in Italy - GF immigrated to US in 1913 and never naturalized - GM immigrated in 1918 at 11 years old and never naturalized - Mother born in US - I was US born female pre-1948. Therefore, do I qualify to apply for citizenship? I am saddened that my brother and all my cousins do qualify.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Pre-1948 qualifications

Post by mler »

If your grandparents never naturalized by themselves or through their parents, you qualify. If you were born before 1948, you would have a court case.
Post Reply